Technical Car/Motor Issues > BMW 3-Series E46 - 02 2.5 Emission Warning Light
Thread Author: Pezzer Replies: 5

BMW 3-Series E46 - 02 2.5 Emission Warning Light - Pezzer
This light flicked on last night on my way home, can anybody advise what might be the problem ? The engine does feel a litlte bit rough especially at tick-over.

many thanks
 BMW 3-Series E46 - 02 2.5 Emission Warning Light - Skoda
Vacuum leak?
I'm a bit of a numpty with these things, would this be caused by a split hose or is it more serious ? Google reveals a few comments pointing at the MAF sensor with some suggesting giving it a clean with electrical contact cleaner.
 BMW 3-Series E46 - 02 2.5 Emission Warning Light - carmalade
There are many things that can cause the Eml to come on and cause lumpy running.The most common issues are coil(s) failure,there are 6 on this model and as previously suggested ,air or vacuum leaks on the induction system.Maf sensors are generally not a problem on the 6 cylinder engines.Also check the engine oil dipstick is fully home and the oil filler cap is sealing correctly.hth
Well well well - my oil filler cap was not on properly ! However the warning light is still on - is there any prospect of it going off by itself or will it need to be reset, (Ive only done a quick journey since tightening it) .

thanks carmalade
and the warning light went out tonight :-)

again thanks for your help I would never ever have thought of that

Latest Forum Posts