Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Corsa C - 02 1.2 Rear wiper arm removal Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 11

Vauxhall Corsa C - 02 1.2 Rear wiper arm removal - bathtub tom
Daughter's boyfriend had his wiper arm snapped off at the tailgate. He's got a new one, but we can't get the old one off. We have undone the fixing nut.

The new one's got what appears to be a plain brass taper on it.

I'm reluctant to apply too much force or shock load because it's fitted directly through the glass.

Any suggestions please?
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 02 1.2 Rear wiper arm removal - carmalade
Had the same problem on my sons Corsa.Carefully cut across the base of the broken arm with a small hacksaw,as close as possible to the splined taper.hth
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 02 1.2 Rear wiper arm removal - Bellboy
im a bit bemused carmalade you gave the perfect answer yet its been dismissed
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=83594
Not dismissed Bb, but checking for any other options.

I'm disappointed you didn't have some knowledgable trick up your sleeve. ;>)
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 02 1.2 Rear wiper arm removal - Robin the Technician
How to remove:
Get a pair of long nosed pliers and push them under the arm where its attached to the spline. Refit the nut so its about 1 thread from fully screwed back on. Give a short tap on the nut with a hammer whilst prizing the pliers upwards. The shock of the sharp tap will release the broken arm.

Worked for me everytime.

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician
I tried that, albeit with an open-ended spanner. I chickened out after a few taps as the spindle passes directly through the rear screen.
i would be too frightened of breaking the glass
i still like the hacksaw approach
even the proper tool to do these i would use with extreme caution
broke a side window last year just by tapping the rubber seal in,makes a right mess and these rear windows are bonded so not an afternoon fix with spoons
i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb3/yingtinktong/corsa8787.jpg
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 02 1.2 Rear wiper arm removal - L'escargot
What you probably need is a wiper arm removal tool. I've got a Draper WST6 and I can confirm that it's superb and well worth the money. It removes the arm from the spindle without normally putting a load on anything else, although I couldn't be categoric about a Corsa rear wiper. www.drapertools.com/b2c/b2cbrowse.pgm
Last edited by: L'escargot on Tue 23 Mar 10 at 07:27
That looks like it would do the job L'es.

I'll have to see if he's willing to dig into his pockets.

I suspect he'll ask me to cut it off. :>(
Google for Draper WST6 to find the cheapest source. It will be handy for adjusting the position of the new wiper arm.
Having the right tool can change a job from being a struggle into being a doddle.
im just waiting for the thread--------------------

how much should a new rear screen cost as i used the special tool on it to remove the wiper and it jumped and broke the screen?
Latest Forum Posts