Technical Car/Motor Issues > FIAT Doblo - 07 1.3 Glow plug warning light flashing Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Diamond Replies: 6

FIAT Doblo - 07 1.3 Glow plug warning light flashing - Diamond
This is my work van, for the past few days the yellow glow plug warning lamp has been coming on and flashing for a few seconds a short while after starting the engine. Even when the engine is warm, then started it can come on. The engine starts fine every time however.

Should I be concerned about this? I haven't got the handbook for the van so I'm in the dark so to speak.

FIAT Doblo - 07 1.3 Glow plug warning light flashing - Zero
Its not the glow plugs, and probably indicates another error.

Hows it running? Smooth, normal power?

You will probably need the errors codes read.
Seems to be running ok. The light flashes about a dozen times when first started (whether the engine is warm or not), then stops flashing until the engine is started again.

Now, a few weeks ago I had a tracker fitted that also logs speeds etc. Since then I have been keeping to the speed limits (not that I used to go over them but sometimes you can't help it), but this means it never goes above 2000rpm and maybe something isn't being burnt off properly?
 FIAT Doblo - 07 1.3 Glow plug warning light flashing - VxFan
Can't speak for Fiat's, but if the engine light comes on during starting and goes off a few mins later on a Vauxhall then its usually indicating that one or more glowplugs need replacing.

As already mentioned though, get the fault code(s) read out - a far more reliable method than guessing ever was.
 FIAT Doblo - 07 1.3 Glow plug warning light flashing - Dave_
Flashing glowplug light on VAG cars (Audi/VW/SEAT/Skoda) can indicate double brake light failure, strangely! But on Mercedes it warns of glowplug problems. Best to get the codes read methinks.
Going to get it looked at at the garage, haven't got a date yet from the leasing company so will post again with the outcome of this.
 FIAT Doblo - 07 1.3 Glow plug warning light flashing - MD
Sometimes it isn't what the fault codes say as to what they don't say! One fault can throw others up and different readers can produce different results, hence my problems with the Renault Master. A smart technician who knows the marque is a great help assisted by a code reader.

FWIW. When the Master had problems with Glow plugs (that were solid in the head) financial panic ensued. However when 'it' went into Electro Diesel in Exeter the EXCELLENT folk there informed me that all CR diesels will start in the cold and that Glow plugs are more to satisfy emission requirements than to aid cold starting. Another EU load of snip to be sure.

Now, where's my feeler gauge? It's time for bed!

M
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 17 Dec 10 at 01:12
Latest Forum Posts