Technical Car/Motor Issues > Volkswagen Golf VI - 09 1.4 1.4S,FSI or not?
Thread Author: Snakey Replies: 3

Volkswagen Golf VI - 09 1.4 1.4S,FSI or not? - Snakey
I'm trying to work out what on earth VW call the engine in my 2009 1.4S Golf. Its the lowly 1.4 80bhp petrol engine and I would like to know if it has a cambelt or not. But I can only find information for the 1.4 FSI and TSI.

I know its not the TSI (by the way it hits 0-60 in about a week!) but not sure if its classed as an FSI?

And yes, I did ring the local VW dealer. Attempt 1 I got bored of being on hold. Attempt 2 resulted in a complicated explanation to the receptionist - who then failed to ring me back so I'm looking for advice elsewhere!

Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 18 Nov 10 at 13:46
 Volkswagen Golf VI - 09 1.4 1.4S,FSI or not? - carmalade
You need to find the engine code first.This will be a 3-letter code usually found on the first page of the handbook or on the white label stuck on the floor of the spare wheel well.May find it also on the cam/chain cover of engine,but you may need to lift the aircleaner box to see it.hth
 Volkswagen Golf VI - 09 1.4 1.4S,FSI or not? - Skoda
I think it's engine code BUD, but like carmalade says, under the boot carpet, top left just past the spare wheel well to be sure! If it is BUD, then it's (multi) port injection, not FSI.
 Volkswagen Golf VI - 09 1.4 1.4S,FSI or not? - Snakey
Cheers - I'll check that out when I get home. If its light enough!
Latest Forum Posts