Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford Fiesta - 12 1.1 Ford 1,1 the edge Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 6

Ford Fiesta - 12 1.1 Ford 1,1 the edge - wotspur
My son has a Fiesta . He does a lot of short journeys , being a courier - 40/60 stops in a 2/3 hour session - it’s now up to 110k , and in his words chugging - could this be to spark plugs getting clogged ? Or potentially something else , any ideas .
He wouldn’t have a clue how to do it , would Halfords possibly be able to change them ? .

Also last week my CITREON GRAND PICASSO , light came on - engine failure - red turn off , which I did , the AA CAME out put the computer on
P0017. START ENGINE SYNCHRONISATION ERROR
P2291. FUEL HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM FUEL PRESSURE TO LOW STARTING TIME OVERRUN
P003D. CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL MISSING
P0016. CSMSHAFT ENGINE CRANKSHAFT SYNCHRONISATION IMPLAUSIBLE WITH ENGINE SPEED
And they had to low load me to a garage

IN essence , what might that mean ??
 Ford Fiesta - 12 1.1 Ford 1,1 the edge - RichardW
A good service would be a good place to start on the Fiesta, failing that, an Italian tune up might help! I wouldn't trust Halfords to wash my car....

On the Picasso - which engine?

Sadly, my guess is that the cambelt has gone. If it's a 1.6 diesel, early failure is not uncommon on later engines (in my opinion due to them thinning the belt out to 3/4" from the original 1" to improve the economy slightly on test). On the up side, as long as it's an 8V engine (2011 - c2019 when the 1.5 came in) it doesn't usually bend valves, and repair can be effected without removing the head by replacing the belt, camshaft (it has pressed on lobes and they spin), and rockers. Occasionally, they do drop a valve which is head off time....
 Ford Fiesta - 12 1.1 Ford 1,1 the edge - carmalade
I’m assuming the fiesta is the 1.0 ecoboost 3 cylinder engine. All sorts of problems can cause misfire and low power. Spark plugs and Coils would be the first thing to check . As for the Citroen, a failure of the cambelt drive would cause these issues.
Thanks for the answers , my sons 1.25 The edge is a 2012 ,amd apparently the last people used cheap spark plugs , this guy used ones that should last 4 times longer , he used an on,ine forum , where mechanics bid for the work - so far so good ..

My CITREON I believe is a 2lt 2016 , still waiting to hear back from the garage
 Ford Fiesta - 12 1.1 Ford 1,1 the edge - carmalade
The 1.25 is the Zetec / Yamaha 4 cylinder engine. Brilliant engine design and very reliable.
 Ford Fiesta - 12 1.1 Ford 1,1 the edge - bathtub tom
>>he used an on,ine forum , where mechanics bid for the work - so far so good ..

Did he choose the cheapest?
Despite living in Hayes he got only 1 response and thry came that afternoon ,change the spark plugs and a couple of filters and oil 150ish , least he could work the following day
Latest Forum Posts