Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan Micra - 00 998 Headlamp stops working randomly Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Chris S Replies: 4

Nissan Micra - 00 998 Headlamp stops working randomly - Chris S
This seems to happen at random:

The main beam warning light will come on and the driver's side headlamp (main and dipped beam) will stop working. The sidelights and passenger side headlamp will carry on working normally.

Then suddenly the main beam warning light will go off and both headlamps will work normally, as will the warning light.

Does anybody have any ideas please?
 Nissan Micra - 00 998 Headlamp stops working randomly - Dog
Try cleaning the slot where the bulb sits, make sure there is no corrosion around that area.
 Nissan Micra - 00 998 Headlamp stops working randomly - Injection Doc
need to check the earths but also the bulb as may be the filament has joined up from dip to main causing a feed back!
I also seem to remeber the dim dip relays causing havoc with early micras if your model is fitted with dim dip system.
 Nissan Micra - 00 998 Headlamp stops working randomly - Bellboy
cant remember if the bulb connections are the same as on the pre grille not in bonnet k11 but if it is the same then the connecters heat up and weld themselves to the bulbs and cause all sorts of problems
be careful sorting it as you can damage the bulb holder locater tag as you pull
 Nissan Micra - 00 998 Headlamp stops working randomly - Chris S
If anyone is still interested I took your advice and had a look at the bulb connectors - they were covered in rust.

I cleaned it off two weeks ago and the headlights have worked OK since.
Latest Forum Posts