Technical Car/Motor Issues > Honda Accord UK - 01 1.8 cambelt change interval? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: PeteW Replies: 5

Honda Accord UK - 01 1.8 cambelt change interval? - PeteW
Hi all,

I've had a look at a 1.8 vtec sport accord locally, excellent condition and at a good price. However it has done 99K miles and there is no record of a cambelt change. Full service history. Dealer says its not due until 105K which sounds too much to me. I wouldn't get him to do it in any deal - I'd be happier for my usual garage to do it - but obviously it's a bargaining tool.

Does anyone know the correct change interval?

Honda Accord UK - 01 1.8 cambelt change interval? - Iffy
...Does anyone know the correct change interval?...

It probably is 105,000, but if you sit down with the dealer and argue about it for a few hours, it will come down to 10,000, but only if you sign an order straight away. :)

Thanks Iffy. Maybe if I'd signed on the day it wouldn't have been sold already when I went back yesterday....;-)

Anyway, decided that an Accord is the next motor, but still don't seem to be able to get a straight answer about the cambelt. Anyone??
Last edited by: Everest Pete on Sun 3 Oct 10 at 14:46
 Honda Accord UK - 01 1.8 cambelt change interval? - carmalade
I have looked in the Honda service record book of my fil's Accord ,and the cambelt and timing balancer belt have a replacement interval of 96 months or 72k miles,whichever is the sooner.If you are going to buy an Accord ,I would stick with the 2.0L model.hth
Thanks. To be honest I'm not that fussed over 1.8 or 2.0. Whatever comes up. Condition and history are far more important to me.
Cheers for the info though - thought 105K sounded too long!!!
 Honda Accord UK - 01 1.8 cambelt change interval? - corax
Bear in mind that they can be a bit thirsty, not much more than 30mpg. Other than that, they are bombproof, a very underrated car.
Latest Forum Posts