Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan Qashqai - 08 2.0d Today's silly question
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 9

Nissan Qashqai - 08 2.0d Today's silly question - Runfer D'Hills
I have a company car, it's under warranty. It has a small problem in that the electric window switch on the passenger door is faulty. No big deal as I can still operate the window from the master switch on the driver's door.

The problem has been agreed by the dealer and the replacement switch is now in stock. My problem is that I can see no gaps in my diary for the foreseeable future to get in in to have the switch replaced. Not very bothered. It can wait. Trouble is, it wouldn't do to take a courtesy car as they are too small for my needs and I currently cover 1000 miles + a week in the course of my work.

So the silly question is this. If I were to collect the switch or have the garage send it to me is the fitting of such a thing within the capabilities of a weekend duffer like me or would I run the risk of lashing up the canbus etc ?
 Nissan Qashqai - 08 2.0d Today's silly question - Zero
I would guess, that at its easiest its simply a matter of easing the switch out of its confinement with a plastic lever (I have a set of trim removers) taking off the plug at its base, replugging the new one and snapping back into place.

At worse its a door trim/card removal job,

AS long as it all turned off, you wont have any canbus issues.
 Nissan Qashqai - 08 2.0d Today's silly question - Iffy
Possession is nine tenths of the law.

Rather than let the matter drift, collect the switch, put it in the glovebox, and ask them to fit it at the next service.

Or maybe we should not rule out good service from a main dealer.

They might be able to fit the switch while you wait in not much more time than it would take for you to collect it.

Thanks chaps. Actually I'd bet it's peasy easy, the question of course remains as to whether I can be bothered of course......
 Nissan Qashqai - 08 2.0d Today's silly question - NortonES2
I think this question should be transferred to the psychology section:)
Splendid proposal Norton. Feel free to begin a " Five things I should do to my car but haven't quite got the energy" thread !

:-)
 Nissan Qashqai - 08 2.0d Today's silly question - bathtub tom
Would the dealer be prepared to give you the switch to fit yourself?
Don't know, haven't asked. Possibly/probably not. It was only an idle thought really.
 Nissan Qashqai - 08 2.0d Today's silly question - NortonES2
Ha! Top of my list is cleaning the rear seat where the dog muddies it up, and 2nd, getting around to sourcing and fitting a suitable dog-proof cover. But, its raining. And I'm going to replace it soon, deo volente.
 Nissan Qashqai - 08 2.0d Today's silly question - DP
I agree with Zero and iffy. This should be a 2 minute job, and it's probably worth asking if they can fit it while you wait.
It was always drummed into me in every company car scheme that beyond checking and topping up fluids, we were strictly not allowed to touch anything else.
Latest Forum Posts