Technical Car/Motor Issues > SEAT Alhambra - 09. Locking problem, and engine hesitation. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 9

SEAT Alhambra - 09. Locking problem, and engine hesitation. - wotspur
On my Seat Alhambra Diesel I have a problem

My Zappa doesn’t seem to be locking my car , but when I try and lock the car, by inserting the key into the lock and turning left , it locks thedrivers door only but none of the other doors

I assume it could be electrics or it could be the battery in the key . Who would be the best person to try and sort it out a Seat/ VW garage or auto electrician ....

And whilst I’m at it , when I pull away from a junction or roundabout , and change generally from first Upto 2nd it like chugs like there's a blockage .....let’s hope it’s not a turbo problem , appreciate any thoughts
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 15 Jun 18 at 01:36
 SEAT Alhambra - Any suggestions - Robin O'Reliant
First thing is to fit a new battery in the key, I assume it's easy enough?
 SEAT Alhambra - Any suggestions - VxFan
>> My Zappa doesn’t seem to be locking my car , but when I try and
>> lock the car, by inserting the key into the lock and turning left , it
>> locks thedrivers door only but none of the other doors

Some cars are just like this. You need to look in the handbook for the correct procedure to lock the car manually. But generally it's case of either going round pressing all the lock buttons down, and then lock the drivers door with the key, or if you have a button on the dash or drivers door to lock the doors internally, you need to press that before exiting the vehicle and then just lock the drivers door with the key.
 SEAT Alhambra - Any suggestions - carmalade
The Alhambra model was introduced in 1995.How old is yours?
 SEAT Alhambra - Any suggestions - VxFan
>> How old is yours?

A bit of detective work reveals it's 2006 (I'll edit the header to reflect this)

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=23760
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 14 Jun 18 at 01:53
 SEAT Alhambra - Any suggestions - wotspur
Sorry it’s actually an 09 .....
The 06 one got written off after two months after being shunted on the M1 , at 50Mph
Is your 2009 the same model shape/range as your 2006 variant?
 SEAT Alhambra - Any suggestions - rtj70
>> Is your 2009 the same model shape/range as your 2006 variant?

The mark 2 came out in 2010 so it's the same model. And therefore the same as the original VW Sharan and Ford Galaxy.
If that is the case,then locking/unlocking with the key in the door should operate all doors,even if the remote does not operate. Possible faults a a blown fuse,system detecting an open door ,or a fault in the wiring.Very commonly a broken wire in the driver's door A pillar/shut harness.Does the system lock/unlock the other doors from the inside paddle/flap?
 SEAT Alhambra - Any suggestions - wotspur
Ok thanks for the answers so far.
At one of your suggestions I managed to push the catches in on the other doors and Yeah they locked ! Least I can leave the car when not at home .
When I locked the drivers door , by the key in the lock , it neither locked nor unlocked any of the other doors .......so any further thoughts on what it could be , I’d appreciate it .
Latest Forum Posts