Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford Focus II - 11 1.6 Sat Nav audio u s Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 12

Ford Focus II - 11 1.6 Sat Nav audio u s - legacylad
As mentioned in previous posts, my '04 330 was replaced by a 'run out' second generation Focus, first reg 03/11. A 'Sport' 1.6 TDCi no less. With 138k miles on the clock, it cost me £2700 after a belt change and 4 new tyres.
Probably because it was a run out model, the Sat Nav audio system operating instructions were not included in the standard handbook, there is no model designation on the facia of the unit, but I got an owners handbook from my local Ford dealer. Cost £18 and all it says is 'CD Navigation system' on the front of the owners handbook.
The sat nav doesn't work, neither does the hand free... It won't recognise my phone on Bluetooth. The dealer tells me it needs a replacement SD card, at a cost of £300 inc vat.
I'm loathe to spend £300... In fact I won't...The radio & CD work fine, but the hands free facility would be useful.
Please can anyone suggest alternatives to spending £300 in order to get the unit working.
Many thanks
 Ford Focus II - 11 1.6 Sat Nav audio u s - carmalade
I know it is not an old car ,but the radio/nav/bluetooth system on this model was out of date when it was introduced,and not a popular option.I guess it is possible to find a s/hand one,but could be worse than the unit you already have.Best realistic option would be to have a Parrot kit which work extremely well .I think Ford lost the plot with this model,as I have a 10 year old Mondeo fitted with the Sony radio/multi disc unit which has Bluetooth and voice command options which work fine.
 Ford Focus II - 11 1.6 Sat Nav audio u s - rtj70
For sat nav is the SD card actually missing then. If it was there and out of date (in terms of maps) then fine but it should work.

Handsfree phone if it should work should still work.

We need more details. But this might not be the best forum.

Back to sat nav, are there any error? Details/model numbers of head unit would be useful. But somewhere in there it might say 'Microsoft' you know.

If you were nearer I'd be happy to help trouble shoot this. I doubt you'll be any time soon....?
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 25 Oct 16 at 19:20
The SD car is present, but it shows my location somewhere in Denmark! My mechanic pal told me it was not working when I bought it, but for what I paid it didn't bother me unduly.
I can input destinations.... I needed to find somewhere in deepest Lancashire and the unit told me the travelling time was 32 hours and ferries were available!
With regards to the hands free, all the options are not showing on the screen, and it resolutely refuses to talk to my IPhone 5S. It does show that at one time it was paired with two other mobiles, now deleted by myself. There is no model number shown on the front of the unit.
A Parrot is definitely the best idea ( thanks). I had one in my previous 12yo 330, but left it in when I sold it to my nephew, and until my speculative shares went down the pan I was intending to only keep the Focus a few months. It will now be a longer ownership period, but since the belt change and 4 new Michelins investment, I'm happy to keep it as I'm returning to Spain early '17 for an extended period.
And there is always the chance of a winning Premium Bond having my name on it. Live in hope, die in despair.
Thanks for the feedback...much appreciated as always
 Ford Focus II - 11 1.6 Sat Nav audio u s - VxFan
>> There is no model number shown on the front of the unit.

Does it look like any of these stereo's found via a google search?

tinyurl.com/gm9l35f

If so, which one?
 Ford Focus II - 11 1.6 Sat Nav audio u s - rtj70
Is there an option to reset the unit? Somewhere in the menus there should be a factory reset option. There might also be an option that mentions GPS calibration.

Do you know if the unit even knows your position in terms of latitude/longitude?
 Ford Focus II - 11 1.6 Sat Nav audio u s - maltrap
Why not spend £70 on a Garmin or similair.
From those pics, left to right, and 5 pics in line 3, it's numbers 1,3,5 & 16.
I don't really need SatNav, although it would be quite useful once a fortnight. And I can always use my phone I suppose, or as suggested buy a Garmin unit
With regard to a Parrot kit, I'm trying to sort the SatNav before I resort to that.
I've plenty of spare time this weekend so will look at returning to factory settings if at all possible, but assumed that the previous owner would have tried that ( or my mechanic pal).
I know.... Never assume anything.
>> From those pics, left to right, and 5 pics in line 3, it's numbers 1,3,5 & 16.

This one then?

parkers.bauercdn.com/Images/EPi4_Upload/3777/DSCF3601.jpg

From my limited search, it appears to be a Blaupunkt FX Travel Pilot.

Have you tried looking on m.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/Owners-Manual/ for a handbook for it? (edit - just seen from your first post that you already have sourced one)

Alternately, here's some info on you tube for Bluetooth pairing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXo4BObWE8k
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 27 Oct 16 at 13:18
Any luck?
Thanks for asking Vx. Much appreciated.
At the moment I'm having issues with both an elderly mother, poorly dog and 98yo Aunt in a nursing home, so I'm covering lots of miles and when I can sneak a day off I head to the hills to clear my head!
I'll post as soon as I have gotten around to it, but thanks to all for the help & advice.
It's no fun getting old...all 3 of them.
Yippee. The hands free now works after much juggling with menus but the SatNav seems to be duff. It still seems to think it's somewhere in Denmark.
Thanks for the help & advice. Much appreciated
Do you know anyone with the same stereo and whether they'll let you try their SD card in yours to see if the Sat Nav then works?
Latest Forum Posts