Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford Focus II - 06 1.8 Is it possible to silence a clicking relay
Thread Author: GoodDriver91 Replies: 6

Ford Focus II - 06 1.8 Is it possible to silence a clicking relay - GoodDriver91
I hear clicking recently, sure it wasn't noticeable before taking my car to the garage, I'm very sure it wasn't. I hear clicking when operating front and rear wipers, Turning key in ignition, demister button, turning on headlights.
Mechanic says its just relay switch, when I tell him it wasn't there before he tried to make me feel silly saying I just may not have noticed it, which is just rubbish. I certainly would have noticed it.

Anyway, I find it extremely annoying, I want to know if anything can be done to silence the switch in any way ??

Also is it possible the mechanic may have knocked something when changing the EGR valve which is why I can hear the noise now?

Thanks all
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 11 Sep 15 at 10:15
 Ford Focus II - 06 1.8 Is it possible to silence a clicking relay - carmalade
The egr valve is in the engine bay,the relays are in the fuse box ,under the glove box,so not too sure how they can be affected.make sure the fuse box is clipped up to its retainer fittings.
 Ford Focus II - 06 1.8 Is it possible to silence a clicking relay - GoodDriver91
Is it possible something may have been knocked out of place during the replacement of the EGR valve?
So, can you silence a clicking relay at all?

Thanks
As I have said previously ,the egr valve and relays are in completely different locations.The only way to silence the relay is remove it from the fuse box.
 Ford Focus II - 06 1.8 Is it possible to silence a clicking relay - No FM2R
Smashing it with a hammer works, also. Although some say that it reduces their efficiency.
Hi

Would it silence the relay if I use sound dampening material around it?

I took out all the relays under the bonnet near fuse box, one by one to check which one was clicking. I m sure I removed each one but it was still clicking?????

Any ideas ?
If you can hear the relays clicking with the fuse box cover on ,the bonnet down,and engine running ,you must have super sonic hearing.Do not cover any relays,they get warm when operating and need air circulation.Are you sure you are not hearing the relays located under the glove box?..
Latest Forum Posts