Technical Car/Motor Issues > Audi A5 Cabrio - 10 2.0 Engine remapping Miscellaneous
Thread Author: kstyles Replies: 3

Audi A5 Cabrio - 10 2.0 Engine remapping - kstyles
So I'm looking at getting a proper remap done on my 2.0tdi audi for better performance lower down and more mpg when cruising on the motorway. I am staying away form the tuning boxes as from what I've read the way they work is a bit crude. I am looking at getting the ECU remapped but wondere at what increase uin milage I can expect? I do 75% of my driving on the motorway at 80mph with cruise and generally get 540 miles out of £67 ish.. Any thoughts and advice greatly appreciatted...
 Audi A5 Cabrio - 10 2.0 Engine remapping - Zero

>> uin milage I can expect? I do 75% of my driving on the motorway at
>> 80mph with cruise and generally get 540 miles out of £67 ish.. Any thoughts and
>> advice greatly appreciatted...

Save yourself 350 quid in remap fees, set the cruise at 70mph and get 650 miles out of that tank.
 Audi A5 Cabrio - 10 2.0 Engine remapping - Fursty Ferret
We've had five VAG cars remapped in our family over the years and fuel economy improvements are pretty negligible. The cars are infinitely more pleasant to drive, however, and it's worth doing on those grounds alone.
Last edited by: Fursty Ferret on Sat 20 Dec 14 at 17:12
 Audi A5 Cabrio - 10 2.0 Engine remapping - MD
What FF said is bang on.

What Zero said is sensible.

My experience based on 1 Diesel re-map is it is worth doing for the much improved 'driveability'. You are very unlikely to see any change in fuel consumption.
Latest Forum Posts