Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan - No power in acceleration nissan primastar DCi100 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dyvonne Replies: 2

Nissan - No power in acceleration nissan primastar DCi100 - Dyvonne
I have a problem with my Nissan Primastar DCi100 which also relates to Vauxhall vivaro. Starting is excellent. `Problem is after driving for 5 to 10 minutes. If vehicle is stopped and motor turned off. Restarting no problem but there is NO acceleration. If I wait for 5 minutes acceleration comes back . Or drive down the road in first then second acceleration comes back. Leave it for the fan to kick in acceleration comes back . Diagnostic test shows no fault. Have cleaned the EGR valve which was filthy. Picks up slightly quicker but has not resolved the problem. Despèratly need help. Year of vehicle 2005
 Nissan - No power in acceleration nissan primastar DCi100 - Videodoctor
These vans can suffer from a few faults so here are some things to check.

1:- The multiplug(which is just under the bulkhead as you lift the bonnet) can come slightly seperated.Best to unplug it totally and then reinsert it properly and make sure the locking ring is in place.

2:- The MAF (mass air flow) sensor can go faulty causing severe loss of acceleration,with the van having no power until 2000 rpm when the turbo kicks in.The maf sensor is located in the air intake pipe and is a black box fitted onto the pipe with wires coming off it.If you do replace it then make sure you DONT buy one from Ebay(£30) cos they still cause problems.You need to buy a genuine one from the dealers(£120) to cure it properly.(Guess how i found out!)

3:- There are small tubes coming from boxes bolted onto the right hand side of the inner wing.These are the turbo pipes and need to be clean.Remove them and blow though them to make sure they are clear.Where the small pipe goes to the manifold remove it and using a small nail,make sure the metal nipple is clear.Its usually bunged solid.A word of caution,when removing the pipes off the inner wing make sure you mark them as to which way they go back.They are exactly the same looking and if you get them the wrong way round the van will be worse than before.

4:- Clean the egr valve (which you have already done)

5:- Check the connections at the accelerator pedal that they are seated properly and maybe unplug and reseat them a few times to make sure.

6:- Remove the black plastic cover that goes over the engine and check the wires underneath that run around there.They have a way of getting damaged via the cover rubbing.

7:- On early models(mines an 04) the on board computer system is not compatible with the scan/readers that you can buy on Ebay.If you get one,it will give false fault codes and drive you batty.Only the main dealers can read the codes for these early vans.Later models received the later canbus system and can be read by the cheap scanners.

If i think of anything else i will post or if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Last edited by: Videodoctor on Tue 2 Sep 14 at 18:28
 Nissan - No power in acceleration nissan primastar DCi100 - Dyvonne
thank you video doctor will try what you have suggested and get back to you. Thanks so much for your help
Latest Forum Posts