Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Zafira B - 06 1.9 central locking fault
Thread Author: carrieandjames Replies: 8

Vauxhall Zafira B - 06 1.9 central locking fault - carrieandjames
hi i have a zafira 06 plate, went to unlock it yesterday and it unlocked fine with the key but was quiet. After that it all started to go wrong. It keeps blowing fuse 38 in the boot and fuse 10 under the bonnet. Sometimes it will lock the front passenger door and the driver side rear door, also the boot and the fuel cap. Sometimes it wont lock any of them, sometimes it will only lock the boot and fuel cap. Even if you lock the doors manually it might not open from the inside. Any help appreciated. Have tried both keys.
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 06 1.9 central locking fault - Zero
If it was me, I would be looking at the wiring between door pillars and doors. And tailgate.
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 06 1.9 central locking fault - carmalade
Rear doors are favourite on these.Vauxhall do a wiring repair kit but it is not cheap,at around £100 per door.
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 06 1.9 central locking fault - VxFan
>> but it is not cheap,at around £100 per door.

Plenty can be found on ebay from £30 upwards for the complete loom for any of the doors.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 28 Aug 14 at 10:28
Yes,you are probably correct,but it is not the door loom that is the problem .The wiring that fractures is part of the main body harness.
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 06 1.9 central locking fault - spamcan61
>> If it was me, I would be looking at the wiring between door pillars and
>> doors. And tailgate.
>>

That's certainly been an issue to some extent on all 3 of SWMBO's Zafira As , does sound like they didn't fix the issue on the B. Only way to tell would be to split the gaiter open o you can see what state the wiring between body and door is in. I've manged solder repairs in the past but it's a right faff.
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 06 1.9 central locking fault door wont open - devious
i agree flexible boot between door pillars is the problem
repaired mine this week and slit open the flexible boot to find 4 wires broken on one side and
three on the other my problem was could not open offside door because of broken wire
had to try and take door card off with door shut
this is possible if you prise the top of card away from window and pop
the fasterers one by one the lower ones with the help of a long screwdriver
as my model had no screws at the bottom
having removed door card i needed to operate door lock to open it
this i did with a length of wire pluged in to cigar socket (fused)with only the very end of the cable exposed otherwise they will short as you are trying to unlock the lock (very fiddley with one hand)
and removing the plug in door lock (remove dust cover and prise redtag up with a small screwdriver) to unplug cable and expose lock connection pins (5) on my car
top pin is pos and one of the bottom ones triggers the door lock
not sure witch as its difficult to see you really need a flexy torch to see anything!!
once door is open you can get to work and repair rubber bootwires
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 06 1.9 central locking fault - Victorbox
I'd be interested to know what happens when you press the door lock button to the right of the hazard lights switch on the dash. Do the doors behave normally then? Sounds more like a central locking control module fault. You might try the trick of disconnecting the battery negative terminal for half an hour to see if that resets anything. You may possibly need to let the electric windows re-learn the extent of their travel afdter disconting the battery so the one touch works by running each up, then down and holding the button on each action until you hear a feint click.
Last edited by: Victorbox on Thu 28 Aug 14 at 13:54
The op says it is blowing fuses,so either we have an overload situation or a short circuit.Dont think disconnecting the battery will fix this.
Latest Forum Posts