Technical Car/Motor Issues > Volkswagen Golf IV - 99 1.4 misfiring Miscellaneous
Thread Author: noclue Replies: 4

Volkswagen Golf IV - 99 1.4 misfiring - noclue
Hi I own a golf 1.4 99 mark five and the thing is misfiring in the engine due to being left without oil ..ever since in low idle its a wobbly enough experience..I know it's probably a valve as I had the plugs checked... It failed the Nct recently on emissions ( not by alot) and my question is what should I do to lower emissions..appreciate any help
 Volkswagen Golf IV - 99 1.4 misfiring - carmalade
You will need to get a compression test done to confirm if one cylinder or more is below par due to a burnt valve..Unfortuntely if this is the problem,there is not much can be done without cyl head removal.
I'd nearly bet that it would b a burnt valve and tbh wouldnth fancy spending anymore on the thing..... Just nneed to get it to pass emissions now and I'll b grand with it for a bit... I heard dipetane would work but with it missing I don't know...thanks
 Volkswagen Golf IV - 99 1.4 misfiring - bathtub tom
What do you mean by "being left without oil?

Did it run so low on oil it seized? If so, you may have a major problem.

I doubt if any amount of snake oil poured in the fuel tank will cure it, whatever the problem.
It was burning oil and when I checked it the dipstick was dry... It was running real smooth before and after was. Rough enough... Stupid on my part.. There had to be some amount in her or she would've seized...I got away light... Now she's ticking over rough in idle...
Latest Forum Posts