Technical Car/Motor Issues > Citroen C3 Picasso - 09 1.5 Antipollution faulty, non-runner
Thread Author: eyedinnot Replies: 3

Citroen C3 Picasso - 09 1.5 Antipollution faulty, non-runner - eyedinnot
Hi all. Car currently a non-runner with this "Warning Antipollution Faulty" fault. Its done it five times before but restarted until the last time when I had to be recovered. Twice this has happened on the motorway in the rush hour, meaning I had to coast over to the hard shoulder! I have only been getting 50.4 mpg when I got 55.4 out of my 04 plate Scenic diesel. Have been putting the more expensive diesel in since it started doing this and making sure to rev high once a month at least. Diagnostics have shown no recorded faults and nothing found to be wrong. Anyone able to throw any light on this problem please??
 Citroen C3 Picasso - 09 1.5 Antipollution faulty, non-runner - RichardW
The 'Antipollution fault' is just the generic engine management light - if this is on, then it has faults present. You need to get it on a proper Citroen diagnostic computer that will give much more info then a generic code reader. How many miles has it done? Has the fuel filter been changed?
 Citroen C3 Picasso - 09 1.5 Antipollution faulty, non-runner - eyedinnot
Many thanks for the reply, the car has done 52K. Not sure about fuel filter. Actually my trusted independant has found a fault log this time (probably as it hasnt restarted unlike before!). It reads something to do with "Rail" and "short to earth permanent". Wiring checked and is ok so new sensor unit ordered to be fitted tomorrow......
 Citroen C3 Picasso - 09 1.5 Antipollution faulty, non-runner - Dog
Similar case here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=102195&v=t

This might be of interest tomorrow (Wednesday) www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03ktz0h
Latest Forum Posts