Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 08 1.3 headlamp bulbs Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Stevek100 Replies: 6

Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 08 1.3 headlamp bulbs - Stevek100
Have to change 3 bulbs on daughters car today. Any tips as it looks like a wheel removal job.why do manufacturers make a simple job like this so difficult.
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 08 1.3 headlamp bulbs - carmalade
if you have not already done the job,it is probably quicker to release the front bumper and wheel arch fairing to take the headlights right out.removing a wheel does not give much access?changing a parking bulb on the front of a BMW 3 series ,e 90model ,is a lot worse.You are right,it does not have to be this difficult,but car makers seem to be at some sort of game as to who can make a simple job the most difficult.i take it this is the old shape Ka.hth
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 08 1.3 headlamp bulbs - AnotherJohnH
AFAIK

original KA had no PAS and the pipes for that get in the way.

a thin nimble hand can change the UK passenger side headlight bulb without dismantling anything

on the driver's side I found it easiest with the wheel arch liner loosened. it is held in with torx (T27) and, as you say, the wheel needs to be removed.

a bit of care is needed putting it back together again so you don't end up with bits flapping about under the front of the car.

your mileage, and skin remaining on back of hand, may vary.
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 08 1.3 headlamp bulbs - crocks
I have done it but can't remember much about it except the cursing, swearing, losing skin and wishing my hands were smaller.
Maybe it would be easier for your daughter to do!
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 08 1.3 headlamp bulbs - jc2
From1998,all Ka had PAS!Only an option for the first two years.
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 08 1.3 headlamp bulbs - Haywain
And while you're about it, don't use cheap replacement bulbs - only use quality ones from the manufacturer or an equivalent reputable brand.

I discovered, after changing bulbs in my wife's Focus, that the little extra cost of a good bulb was nothing compared with the misery of doing the job again a few months later!
 Ford KA, KA2, KA3 - 08 1.3 headlamp bulbs - Stevek100
Thanks for replies
Job was quite easy after all
I still don't understand why it is not mandatory to make bulb
Changing easier in all the design regs as it is directly related to safety.
Noticed several kas with blown bulbs since and now I know why.
Latest Forum Posts