Technical Car/Motor Issues > Honda - 07 1.3 side lights not working
Thread Author: sajid Replies: 12

Honda - 07 1.3 side lights not working - sajid
I had a blown brake rear brake light the right side one failed, got the bulb replaced now the weird thing is my front side lights are not working, when you switch on the side lights the symbol on the dash then come on, in my case it doesn't.

Also the rear light don't light up when the front sidelights are on, the number plates light is dead as well.

I got it booked with the dealers to check what wrong, to me it could be switch, bulbs, fuse and relay

Last edited by: Webmaster on Sun 13 Oct 13 at 12:14
 Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - Zero
If its a combined brake light/side light bulb, you have probably fitted the wrong type.
 Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - -
Zero has it, the bulb is the only thing thats been touched, but the bulb blowing (or wrong one fitted) might have blown the fuse covering that circuit, so check the fuses after you've double checked the bulb is right.

A mate once fitted a combined stop/side light bulb and then noticed in a shop window that his front sidelights came on when he braked, faulty bulb, the two coiled elements were touching inside on close examination.

Aside.
We have big problems in the lorry game at the moments re bulbs, and many companies wont allow drivers (licence holders) to change bulbs any more...which might seem ridiculous and annoys those who can do, but you can see the company side of it and they have to have rules to limit the damage the dangerously usless can do.

I've personally found 12v bulbs in 24v systems, twin contact bulbs in single contact holders and vice versa, and headlight bulbs *fitted* upside down, gawd knows what hash they could make of a stop/tail bulb.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sun 13 Oct 13 at 09:47
 Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - Dave_
>> We have big problems in the lorry game at the moments re bulbs, and many companies wont allow drivers
>> (licence holders) to change bulbs any more

You'd like it at my place then GB - I carry 10-packs of each type of bulb with me, and pick up replacements on acct from the factors when I'm down to my last couple. Mind you the 24v 5w rubbolite thingies shake themselves to bits on a weekly basis.
 Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - -
>> You'd like it at my place then GB -

Where i work is fine too Dave, philosophy hasn't changed much from when they ran horse and carts.

''Mind you the 24v 5w rubbolite thingies shake themselves to bits on a weekly basis''

Many years ago a typical daily run for me would be tip a load of leather shavings at Widnes and if leather for gelatin wasn't ready to cut across via Buxton to the North Notts coalfields for a load of coal back down.
The empty run across the moors on a dark dingy day would often see 6 out of the 8 standard trailer sidelight bulbs blown.

Sounds like you're lorry/trailer isn't on air..:-)

Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - Skip
>> If its a combined brake light/side light bulb, you have probably fitted the wrong type.
>>

If it is a twin filament bulb there is also a possibility that it has been fitted the wrong way round. Most of them have staggered locating lugs to prevent this happening, but i have still seen it done many times as they will fit in this way with a bit of force behind them !
 Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - Fullchat
Given the fashion for stringing coloured bulbs around the perimeters of the front of artic tractor units I saw one the other day approaching adorned in orange lights. To say it was a distraction was an understatement.
 Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - sajid
update, was the fuse, took it to the dealer who checked the bulb was fitted right and also checked the fuses, found the 10amp fuse was blown, then checked the wiring, I took it to the dealer to make sure that all the bases were covered

cost me £30 altogether, the diagnostic was £60 but I got a 50 percent discount so paid £30 which also included the fuse

Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - jc2
£60(OK £30-sounds like even the garage was embarassed) to check and replace a fuse!!!!!!!!
 Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - carmalade
How much diagnostic equipment do you need to check a fuse?Just think,you could have used that £30 to buy the original Honda brake pads.
 Honda - 57 1.3 side lights not working - VxFan
Re: diagnostic - maybe sajid meant "as in diagnosing the problem" instead of actually hooking it up to a diagnostic reader.

I must admit though, that I thought the latter at first.
hi there to clarify the diagnostic charge of £60 is the full fee, when I replaced the bulb the sidelights went off, now it could have been the fuse the switch or the bulb, or the relay, or the wiring, fair do the tech had to check first if the bulb has been fitted correctly, also by replacing the fuse will it blow again, so therefore the tech had to make sure all was well.

When it turned out the fuse only, they discounted the fee 50 percent less,

Another thing the car was under extended warranty so by not taking the car to the dealer would have been a waste of the warranty, should it happen to be the wiring or anything else.

if I didn't have the warranty then I would have taken it to the local indie for a lot less charge of £30

I had my brake pads replaced for lot less than what Honda charged total of £35

Latest Forum Posts