Technical Car/Motor Issues > Volvo XC90 - Warning message
Thread Author: MD Replies: 4

Volvo XC90 - Warning message - MD
A customer has an audible (and visual I think) warning that the parking brake is on when it isn't. The local dealer said that no such warning exists. They then said it does! the car is under warranty (Volvo select) but plugging it in is not covered by the warranty. That is extra (the dealer says). WHAT is going on?
 Volvo XC90 - Warning message - Meldrew
What does the handbook say? Try another dealer!
 Volvo XC90 - Warning message - Bromptonaut
Handbrake light often doubles as low brake fluid or, maybe with other lights brake faults with EBD/EBA.

Consult handbook, another dealer and Volvo forum?
 Volvo XC90 - Warning message - -
Whats going on is that the dealer concerned has not the slightest inkling of looking after his customers who he presumably sees as a source of cash and a nuisance to boot.

Presumably this is a later model with satans electric parking brake, if so then it probably does need to go on diagnostics...however i'd get someone competent to have a look first to see if anything obvious is wrong, i would avoid at all costs ever giving another penny of my money to this dealer, who should ideally go out of business.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Tue 8 Oct 13 at 09:21
 Volvo XC90 - Warning message - VxFan
>> the car is under warranty (Volvo select) but plugging it in is not covered by the warranty. That is extra (the dealer says). WHAT is going on?

Carrying out a diagnostic check should be covered by the warranty - providing a fault has been identified by the code reader. If not, then someone's time has to be paid for.
Latest Forum Posts