Technical Car/Motor Issues > Honda Jazz/Fit - 07 brake pads
Thread Author: sajid Replies: 6

Honda Jazz/Fit - 07 brake pads - sajid
my little Honda jazz, having recently fitted winter tyres, am waiting for 2 more conti, see winter tyre thread, the thing is my pads are just 35 percent left, Honda wanted £110 all in that is fitting and parts included, then there the local tyre fitter, who quoted £15 for the pads, the fitting varies from £20 - £25, my question is dear readers is would I buy the part from Honda, get them fitted by Honda, or buy the part from Honda and fit it locally, or buy alternative pads looking at carparts 4less site and ebay, they have mintex, bosch, pagid, and ferodo, with a few pounds difference, what is the closest to the part that Honda sells

Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 4 Oct 13 at 16:49
 Honda Jazz/Fit - brake pads - Falkirk Bairn
Try here

www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-jazz-front-brake-pads20092013-p-372.html
 Honda Jazz/Fit - brake pads - -
The 4 makes you mention are fine, BUT i would not buy brake parts from an online auction site unless it was from a reputable well known sellers ebay shop such as EuroCarParts.

Carparts4less is ECP's online sister company, and i have no hesitation in recommending Pagid or Textar which they often sell.

Simple enough to fit if you fancied DIY.
 Honda Jazz/Fit - brake pads - Manatee
You'll get as many opinions as there are brands of brake pads. It doesn't mean they are all the same, but the Honda ones we've had on the CRVs and the Civic have been good - long lasting, stop fine and low dust certainly compared to the OEM Outlander ones and some EBC Ultimax ones I put on the MX5 recently.

I wouldn't buy cheap/unbranded ones - if only to reduce the chances of the friction material parting from the backing plate.

That's a personal viewpoint, not an expert one.
 Honda Jazz/Fit - brake pads - Zero
All in I know is, I wouldn't pay 110 quid to have brake pads supplied and fitted.
 Honda Jazz/Fit - brake pads - Bromptonaut
>> All in I know is, I wouldn't pay 110 quid to have brake pads supplied
>> and fitted.

Reasonable enough answer if you can DIY. I think £110 is about the going rate for a dealer or well located indie in L&SE, including as far up as my way.
 Honda Jazz/Fit - brake pads - sajid
had the brake pads done, bought Delphi brake pads for £20 and got them fitted for £15 so all in all a saving over what Honda charges
Latest Forum Posts