Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford Fiesta - 04 1.4 Juddering brake pedal and steering wheel
Thread Author: Oldgit Replies: 4

Ford Fiesta - 04 1.4 Juddering brake pedal and steering wheel - Oldgit
My sister runs this car but it does no more than about 1000 miles maximum per year. She has had it MOT'd and recently had a full Ford service.
She has had a lot of hospital appointments for a leg ulcer and I have, consequently had to drive her there and back and have used her car to give it more use and longer runs etc. Recently and driving much faster than she does i.e. going over 40mph!! I notice that when I apply the brakes I feel a juddering feedback throught the brake pedal and a shake from the steering wheel. This last for the duration of the braking only and stops when I take my foot off the pedal.
I suspect something is amiss such as disc or pad problems - any thoughts?
 Ford Fiesta - 04 1.4 Juddering brake pedal and steering wheel - bathtub tom
Warped, or some other problem with the front brake discs?

What happens if you pull on the handbrake at a similar speed (just to diagnose front/rear brakes)?
 Ford Fiesta - 04 1.4 Juddering brake pedal and steering wheel - Oldgit
>> Warped, or some other problem with the front brake discs?
>>
>> What happens if you pull on the handbrake at a similar speed (just to diagnose
>> front/rear brakes)?
>>

Don't know but will try that out on Monday, the next hospital visit. I need to get to a bit of dual carriageway ideally.
 Ford Fiesta - 04 1.4 Juddering brake pedal and steering wheel - Simon
Warped discs, almost certainly.
 Ford Fiesta - 04 1.4 Juddering brake pedal and steering wheel - Zero
Warped, or some part of the swept area of the disk has got corrosion and pits on it Front Pads and disks will fix it.
Latest Forum Posts