Technical Car/Motor Issues > Peugeot 206 hatchback - 06 1.4 Clutch cable? Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Bear75 Replies: 4

Peugeot 206 hatchback - 06 1.4 Clutch cable? - Bear75
My Peugeot 206 Sport has been having trouble with 1st and 2nd gear for a while, not providing enough power and cutting out first thing in the morning. It has also been clunky from time to time in 1st and 2nd gear.

Lately, it has gotten stuck in gear a couple of times and requires the engine to be shut down for it to get back to neutral or back in to 1st...

My garge kept my car for 6wks last year and it was tested for everything under the sun for the power problem with the throttle body tested, clutch 'looked at', sensor added, new throttle pedal.

Other things I've read could suggest the clutch cable is worn/not functioning correctly but I'm loathe to take it back to the garage as they didn't seem to have a clue and Peugeot charge a small fortune for maintenance.

Help! :)
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 06 1.4 Clutch cable? - Victorbox
Sounds like you have a worn gear selector mechanism (or perhaps it needs realigning) - a poorly functioning clutch cable would prevent a gear being selected altogether or at best with a grating scrunch.
Last edited by: Victorbox on Mon 19 Aug 13 at 20:20
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 06 1.4 Clutch cable? - Number_Cruncher
I've not done much on 206s, but, some 205s used to have a cranked arm on top of the gearbox as part of the clutch release mechanism - the bearing that the arm rotated about would seize up, and cleaning it up, and freeing ot off would make a big difference.

How easily can you select reverse?

As for the concerns about power, my starting point would be looking at the high tension parts of the ignition, including the spark plugs - when was the car last serviced?

Peugeot 206 hatchback - 06 1.4 Clutch cable? - Bear75
That's great, thank you for your help :)

It goes in to reverse easily but when it happens, you can feel a difference in the gear pedal and it doesn't feel as if the pedal pushing back. It then won't come out of reverse or clunks out but then won't go in to first. Starting to get more regular now.

Thanks again for your help.
 Peugeot 206 hatchback - 06 1.4 Clutch cable? - bathtub tom
>> you can feel a difference in the gear pedal

Model T?
Latest Forum Posts