Technical Car/Motor Issues > Mitsubishi Outlander - 04 2.4 Drivers window not raising in one movement Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 9

Mitsubishi Outlander - 04 2.4 Drivers window not raising in one movement - -
This suddenly developed a few weeks ago for no apparent reason, have had similar window behaviour on new cars still in ''delivery'' mode before the necessary fuse is inserted.

The drivers window normally can be dropped fully with one short press of the switch or any amount by holding and releasing, ISTR one touch also fully raised the window.

Now the button has to be held down to drop the window, though thats not really a problem.

But raising the window: however you touch the switch even hold it fully up the window will only go up in movements of about 4" then stops, needing to release the switch and reapply it probably 4 times to fully raise.

I've tried turning on/off the other 3 windows override switch, i've lowered and raised all 4 windows fully.

I expect there is a reset sequence, might even be a case of disconnecting the battery for a few hours, can't find anything about this on the Outlander forum but i haven't perused other models on the Mitsi forum for this subject yet which will be my next move if you can't help.

Anyone performed a Mitsi window reset or on another Japanese make which i suspect wil be similar?
 Mitsubishi Outlander - 04 2.4 Drivers window not raising in one movement - Zero
Does it have anti pinch? IE moves up then down when it hits an obstruction before the window is in normally closed position?

Mine doesn't, and I suspect your doesn't either, and if that is the case there is no window reset or calibration to be done.

If that is the case you are into normal fault finding mode, switch or sticky window being favourites.
 Mitsubishi Outlander - 04 2.4 Drivers window not raising in one movement - Dog
Could be the window regulator attached to the motor, I'd try disconnecting the battery first though.
Thankyou chaps.

No i'm not aware of an anti pinch system, i thought there might be a reset method though due to the one push facility.

Battery off for a while then, if no joy i'll strip the switch if possible and use some contact cleaner, then whip the door skin off and see whats happening inside.

Just one other thought, do window motors have a park point as wiper motor mechanisms do?

The window when its moving is at normal speed, its not sluggish suggesting a dislodged guide or mucky channel or similar.

edit...SWMBO has just this very moment said the window went up yesterday in one movement...i'll be back.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sun 23 Jun 13 at 10:02
 Mitsubishi Outlander - 04 2.4 Drivers window not raising in one movement - Slidingpillar
There's a reset procedure for this on Honda Jazzes. Something like run widow down, then up - but when up, keep your finger on the button for, I think, 4 seconds. Not got one, but I think a battery change or interruption can cause this.

Would be logical if other Japanese motors acted similarly.
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Sun 23 Jun 13 at 10:08
 Mitsubishi Outlander - 04 2.4 Drivers window not raising in one movement - carmalade
A slightly low battery voltage can cause the window control unit to lose its memory,especially when the engine is started.Most one touch window systems are reset by rolling the glass to lower limit,hold switch down,then roll window up to the top,and hold switch upfor a few seconds.
 Mitsubishi Outlander - 04 2.4 Drivers window not raising in one movement - Manatee
>> have had similar window behaviour on new cars still in ''delivery'' mode before the necessary fuse is inserted.

Maybe there's a "necessary fuse" on yours? Should take long to jiggle all the fuses if you can't identify a specific one.

There might I suppose be an inline one somewhere near the motor or switch, or indeed an intermittent connection there.

Switch is prime suspect normally, but yours works...sort of.

The boss's Civic occasionally loses its one-touch feature - it always starts working again on its own soon afterwards.

EDIT - carmalade might be on to something. The Civic hasn't done it for a good while - I'd forgotten about it actually - , and it did have a new battery a couple of years ago...
Last edited by: Manatee on Sun 23 Jun 13 at 10:14
Wahay, Carmalade gets a virtual pint of his favourite brew, many thanks-:-)

Reset as described, back to working fully.

It does have one touch up and down, i wasn't sure if it worked up as my old faithful MB's one touch works on both front windows but only down so couldn't remember what the Mitsi does.

Thanks all, i knew we'd soon sort it out.

PS. Flew through the MOT Friday, advisory for corroded front brake discs on the inside, i'll change them if and when the pads need changing again.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sun 23 Jun 13 at 10:42
 Mitsubishi Outlander - 04 2.4 Drivers window not raising in one movement - Victorbox
As suggested for the Honda above - procedure for a Vauxhall is run window all the way down and hold switch in that position for about 4 seconds (a click is often heard) then run window up to fully closed and do the same to set window up.
Yes i did hear the click you refer to VB, after waiting a few moments both lowered and raised.
Latest Forum Posts