Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan Micra - 02 1000 mystery switch ID request Miscellaneous
Thread Author: spamcan61 Replies: 7

Nissan Micra - 02 1000 mystery switch ID request - spamcan61
afternoon all,

Spamette Minor bought her first car yesterday, seems OK but there is no user manual; hopefully we can get one off the 'bay in a few days, but in the meantime the use of the two switches in the linked photo escapes me, anyone know what they are for?

tinypic.com/r/e0mzol/5

Cheers
 Nissan Micra - 02 1000 mystery switch ID request - ToMoCo
They don't look like original fitment. Aftermarket alarm?
>> They don't look like original fitment. Aftermarket alarm?
>>

Yeah, reckon that's a distinct possibility; time to trawl the trader and ebay for internal shots of facelift K11 Micras I guess.
 Nissan Micra - 02 1000 mystery switch ID request - Zero
What happens when you use them? Agreed they don't look original fitment, if it is an alarm I would guess one is to turn off the ultrasonic bit.
A quick Google image search suggests the upper switch may well be OEM fit, and my guess would be the same as yours. Not seen the lower switch in photos. I'll suggest Spamette Minor has a quick play, but only when the car is safely on the drive!
 Nissan Micra - 02 1000 mystery switch ID request - carmalade
Both items are non standard fitments.The top one is part of an aftermarket alarm system(possibly Cobra system).The lower switch is just a basic illuminated on/off.Are there any extra lights/accessories fitted?hth
Haven't noticed anything extra, no foglights or anything. No mysterious holes in the trim or anything. probably best to tell her just to leave 'em alone I reckon.
 Nissan Micra - 02 1000 mystery switch ID request - bathtub tom
>> Haven't noticed anything extra, no foglights or anything. No mysterious holes in the trim or anything. probably best to tell her just to leave 'em alone I reckon.

And if it won't start one day?

I suggest you contact the previous owner(s) to find out.
Latest Forum Posts