Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford Focus CC - 07 2.0 Diesel Error Code DTC #01 9601
Thread Author: geoff1248 Replies: 5

Ford Focus CC - 07 2.0 Diesel Error Code DTC #01 9601 - geoff1248
The car is a Focus CC3 2.0 litre diesel which has recently come up with a message saying there is a fault with the engine system management. I ran the self test mode and all was OK except for the above error code. Having Googled this code it said something about "PATS Received Incorrect Key-Code From Ignition Key Transponder" which may as well be a foreign language to me. The car runs fine, no problems at all. Both ignition keys are the originals.
Anyone able to explain what this means and how to correct it.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 22 Apr 13 at 00:41
 Ford Focus CC - 07 2.0 Focus Diesel Error Code DTC #01 9601 - carmalade
I would not rely on the display in the dash to tell you the fault with the engine system.This may be a historic fault and not related to your problem.Get a proper diagnostic check through the obd socket which should give you a P code for a powertrain (engine)fault.hth
 Ford Focus CC - 07 2.0 Focus Diesel Error Code DTC #01 9601 - geoff1248
So I had the car plugged into a reader and the result was that the DPF fluid needed topping up. A simple enough job but the price of the fluid is very expensive. If a garage does the job for you it will cost you around £150+ for fluid and labour. So if you run a diesel car with a DPF you're going to have a similar bill sooner or later.
 Ford Focus CC - 07 2.0 Focus Diesel Error Code DTC #01 9601 - carmalade
This is an early car with an eolys tank under car.Later vehicles with dpf do not have this system and therefore do not need an expensive fluid top up.
 Ford Focus CC - 07 2.0 Focus Diesel Error Code DTC #01 9601 - Manatee
>>Later vehicles with dpf do
>> not have this system and therefore do not need an expensive fluid top up.

No guarantee that you won't get a big bill. A friend has a 2007 Nissan Cashcow 2.0 diesel, owned from new, that has always been troublesome with the DPF and has required at least a couple of forced regens, even though it does sensible mileage not repeated short trips. The dealer has tried to tell her that it is a driver problem and she just needs to keep it at 50mph for twenty minutes whenever the light comes on - easier said than done usually.

A couple of weeks ago, when the light wouldn't go out, the dealer informed her that it was not possible to regenerate it and it would need to be replaced at a cost of £1,000. Is that unusual?
 Ford Focus CC - 07 2.0 Focus Diesel Error Code DTC #01 9601 - swiss tony
>> A couple of weeks ago, when the light wouldn't go out, the dealer informed her
>> that it was not possible to regenerate it and it would need to be replaced
>> at a cost of £1,000. Is that unusual?
>>

Not exactly uncommon....
Latest Forum Posts