Technical Car/Motor Issues > Mercedes Benz C-Class estate S204 - 04 2.2 Tow bar fitting & electrics........ Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 4

Mercedes Benz C-Class estate S204 - 04 2.2 Tow bar fitting & electrics........ - Bigtee
I have got the pleasure of fitting a tow bar to a c class 220cdi 54 plate estate any idea how the electrics fit?

Are they a plug in module or tapped into the rear lights (not scotchlocks) soldered?

The bumper will have to come off im sure how about the exhaust silencer?

Its a 54 plate c class 220cdi estate.

Not got a tow bar yet i have fitted various ones in the past but not to a merc, anyones you reccomend?

( posted this on the merc forum)
 Mercedes Benz C-Class estate S204 - 04 2.2 Tow bar fitting & electrics........ - VxFan
You *might* find the info on www.towsure.com/

I'm guessing the car will have a canbus network and you'll need the appropriate wiring, and quite possibly a session with a computer to have the car electrics enabled for the towbar wiring.
 Mercedes Benz C-Class estate S204 - 04 2.2 Tow bar fitting & electrics........ - -
Towequipe's site is good and they usually list vehicle specific wiring kits with intructions downloadable.
 Mercedes Benz C-Class estate S204 - 04 2.2 Tow bar fitting & electrics........ - Bigtee
Thanks guys those sites are helpfull it's just the wiring side of things don't want the car on fire!
 Mercedes Benz C-Class estate S204 - 04 2.2 Tow bar fitting & electrics........ - carmalade
The main thing to remember on these is you cannot wire the tow bar electrics directly into the existing rear lamp wiring.Serious damage to the rear electric module can be caused by this.Some of the lighting circuits on these are not fused ,they are overload protected electronically within the module.hth
Latest Forum Posts