Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan Micra - 1999 - Indicators not working
Thread Author: Camdenprincess Replies: 12

Nissan Micra - 1999 - Indicators not working - Camdenprincess
Hi all
My indicators have stopped working, I'm not even getting the light on the dash or any ticking noise of the indicators. I'm thinking maybe a fuse has blown or something but as a complete car novice any suggestions on what it may be and whether I can fix it myself would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 12 Feb 13 at 21:19
 Nissan Micra - Indicators not working - Robin O'Reliant
Probably the indicator relay has packed up. They are generally fairly cheap and easy to replace depending on what car you have, bearing in mind a bulb replacement on some cars is a major operation.
 Nissan Micra - Indicators not working - bathtub tom
The problem is you've got to find it and the easiest way is to listen for the ticking....................

Know anyone else with the same car?
 Nissan Micra - Indicators not working - Camdenprincess
Unfortunately I don't no anyone with the same car, will have a look through my Haynes Manual but for a total beginner I thin this may be out of my league as far as a home repair is concerned, I think the garage will be getting a visit :( thanks for your reply.
 Nissan Micra - Indicators not working - carmalade
You have not stated the year of car ,but I am going to have a guess at a K11 Micra upto 2002.Try pushing the hazard switch in and out a few times to see if this reinstates the indicator function.hth
>> guess at a K11 Micra upto 2002.Try pushing the hazard switch in and out a
>> few times to see if this reinstates the indicator function.hth
>>

It's a T Reg 1999. I will give the hazard switch a go and see if this works. Many thanks >> You have not stated the year of car ,but I am going to have a
Hi,
Tried your suggestion of pressing hazard button a few times and indicators now working :)
Do you think this could keep happening and there is an underlying problem I should get sorted professionally.
Many thanks for your help.
Last edited by: Camdenprincess on Fri 15 Feb 13 at 15:54
All that is needed if the problem continues,is a new switch.Probably only available from Nissan dealer,or try s/hand unit.
>> All that is needed if the problem continues,is a new switch.Probably only available from Nissan
>> dealer,or try s/hand unit.
>>

Hi, do you mean a new hazard switch or is this the name for another part?? Excuse my lack of knowledge but I'm a total beginner.
Hazard switch.The one next to the heated window swich.
Thank you for your reply. I wouldn't know where to start to try and figure this out myself, think its going to be a trip to the garage and a dip into my bank account :(
 Nissan Micra - Indicators not working - slowdown avenue
just a thought, can you flash headlights.
 Nissan Micra - 1999 - Indicators not working - swiss tony
Easy fix.
Remove Nissan badges, and replace with BMW ones.
Sorted. ;-)
Latest Forum Posts