Technical Car/Motor Issues > Jaguar X-Type Estate - 05 2.0d rain sensitive wipers not working properly Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 9

Jaguar X-Type Estate - 05 2.0d rain sensitive wipers not working properly - Westpig
Any simple checks on this?

They work, but not properly. You can get a fair amount of water on the screen, they don't work, then just when you give up, they do.

Too dangerous to leave, which means having to switch it to constantly on or irritatingly keep manually moving the lever for a one off swipe.

Is it likely to be a sensor problem?
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - 05 2.0d rain sensitive wipers not working properly - Zero
Is there not some kind of calibration process?

Might be in here

www.jagrepair.com
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - 05 2.0d rain sensitive wipers not working properly - Shiny
Was it working previously in your possession?
New windscreen?
I have had problems on two cars after Autoglass replaced the screen and just threw the optical gel filter away instead of replacing it. I had to get them to buy the part from the dealership and come out again to fit it. Always worked fine afterwards.
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - 05 2.0d rain sensitive wipers not working properly - Westpig
They were working absolutely fine, then they've started mucking about.

Thanks for the info above, will get my brother to have a look (mechanic).
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - 05 2.0d rain sensitive wipers not working properly - henry k
I will see what the two main x type forums have re your problem ( unless you want to join them and post your problem )

The American one is fantastic. Far better mods, fewer bling questions and some dedicated brilliant guys who seem to know the answers to most questions.

From one of the forums.
When to screen is wetted , if you gently tap or slightly flex the mirror, does that activate the wipers?

>> I will see what the two main x type forums have re your problem (
>> unless you want to join them and post your problem )
>>
>> The American one is fantastic. Far better mods, fewer bling questions and some dedicated brilliant
>> guys who seem to know the answers to most questions.
>>
>> From one of the forums.
>> When to screen is wetted , if you gently tap or slightly flex the mirror,
>> does that activate the wipers?

Thanks, I'll give it a try...both the advice and the forum
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - 05 2.0d rain sensitive wipers not working properly - henry k
>>Thanks, I'll give it a try...both the advice and the forum
>>
Sorry forgot to add details
jaguarforums.com
jaguarforum.co.uk
 Jaguar X-Type Estate - 05 2.0d rain sensitive wipers not working properly - TeeCee
Check the manual. I had that issue on a fleet Vectra.

It turned out that the delay adjust associated with the intermittant setting also had an effect on the auto setting. So using the intermittant setting and adjusting the delay while doing so affected the sensitivity of the auto wipe.

IIRC it was also barse-ackwards. Maximum delay on intermittant meant maximum sensitivity on auto and more frequent wiping......
>> Check the manual. I had that issue on a fleet Vectra.
>>
>> It turned out that the delay adjust associated with the intermittant setting also had an
>> effect on the auto setting. So using the intermittant setting and adjusting the delay while
>> doing so affected the sensitivity of the auto wipe.
>>
>> IIRC it was also barse-ackwards. Maximum delay on intermittant meant maximum sensitivity on auto and
>> more frequent wiping......
>>
Thank you, I will.
Thank you for your input. RTFM has sorted it. Very much obliged, it was intensely irritating.
Latest Forum Posts