Technical Car/Motor Issues > Renault Megane II - 03 1.6 Headlight out Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Badwolf Replies: 4

Renault Megane II - 03 1.6 Headlight out - Badwolf
Before any of you wise-guys suggests I change the bulb, this has already been tried :-)

The o/s headlight is out on my Megane. Yet another fault with it! I took it to my friendly local motor spares shop who checked the bulb, which was fine. They then checked the fuses, which were also fine. So, any clues as to why the headlight is not working? The guy from the shop did say that the headlight cover was missing - could this be the problem?

Cheers in advance.
 Renault Megane II - 03 1.6 Headlight out - Zero
So, any clues as to why
>> the headlight is not working?

There is no voltage going to it.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 2 Dec 12 at 21:56
 Renault Megane II - 03 1.6 Headlight out - carmalade
Could be a fault on the multipin connector to the headlight unit.But that means headlight out.so bumper off.I like Renaults,make a simple job complicated!Definitely GFB.(good for business).
 Renault Megane II - 03 1.6 Headlight out - Badwolf
Spiff-tastic. Throwing good money after bad. Really fed-up with this car now.

Please don't tell me it serves me right for buying a Renault. This I already know...!
 Renault Megane II - 03 1.6 Headlight out - -
It would appear the connectors are a regular source of ills on these, i posted some time ago for help for a chap with heater fan probs on his Grand Scenic, finally cured, indeed it was the multi pin connector behind the dash near heater, plug removed pins cleaned and moved a bit to encourage contact, now fine till the next time they go manky.

note to self, must update thread...

Good chance the headlight is a similar problem, trouble with much of this modern design stuff hours of dismantling to get anywhere near the probably 2 minute fix.
Latest Forum Posts