Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks
Thread Author: chriscarpenter Replies: 21

Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - chriscarpenter
I have keyless doors and currently by pressing the unlock button on the keyfob, the doors unlock and then relock within a second so you have to be fast to open the door.

The lock button on the keyfob does not work at all.

This has not been a major issue as I know the car could not be left open however the problem became more so the other day when no doors would open! I had to climb through the boot and out the window.

This was solved by unplugging the battery which returned it to the original problem.

I have replaced the battery in the fob and still no solution.

Any advice would be good but trying to avoid the dealer due to costs.

Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - bathtub tom
Welcome to the forum.

>> the problem became more so the other day when no doors would open! I had to climb through the boot and out the window.

I'd suggest you're driving a very dangerous car. What would happen if you're in an accident, drive into water? How would the occupants escape? Do you ever carry children?

I can't help with the problem, but I believe many VX models have problems with the wiring loom between the door frame and door. Could you remove the fuse that controls remote locking and do it manually until you get it resolved?
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - chriscarpenter
I cannot do it manually as there is no keylock in the doors

I also have no spare set so cannot test it
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - VxFan
>> I cannot do it manually as there is no keylock in the doors

That's odd. The 2007 Zafira handbook I've just been reading (that I downloaded from Vauxhall's website) clearly shows one.

Can you open/close the windows with the remote fob (the handbook tells you how). If you're unable to close the windows, then that might confirm the lock button on the remote is faulty.

www.vauxhall.co.uk/manuals.html

tinyurl.com/bcduqb6 (Direct link to pdf copy of handbook)
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 6 Nov 12 at 21:20
The handbook book does indeed state keylock on the doors but I can ensure you mine does not have it.

The auto window operation never worked on this car so was not aware of it although my old Vectra did.

Thanks for the link - nice to have a pdf version of the manual.

Still no luck with the locks!
>> The handbook book does indeed state keylock on the doors but I can ensure you
>> mine does not have it.

I take it there isn't a removable cover hiding it?

Either that or the previous owner might have de-locked it by changing the drivers door handle for a passenger one.

>> >> The handbook book does indeed state keylock on the doors but I can ensure
>> you
>> >> mine does not have it.
>>
>> I take it there isn't a removable cover hiding it?
>>
>> Either that or the previous owner might have de-locked it by changing the drivers door
>> handle for a passenger one.
>>
>>
Stupid me! The driver's door does have a keylock. Tried last night and the driver's door unlocks fine but have to open the door to release the central locking.

Still have the problem with the fob though, but now at least I know I can get in the car.
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - Number_Cruncher
>>but I believe many VX models have problems with the wiring loom between the door frame and door.

Yes, this and Astra H models are badly affected. Repair kits are available.
>> The lock button on the keyfob does not work at all.

Do you have a spare fob, and if so, does the lock button on that not work either?
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - Focusless
Either of these any use - in particular have you tried the 'reset' procedure?
www.autoinsider.co.uk/problems/show.php?problem=4037
www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/zafira-key-fob.166312/
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - L'escargot
I had something similar happen, albeit on a different car. I solved the problem by squirting a spray lubricant into the keyhole of all the locks.
.>> I had something similar happen, albeit on a different car. I solved the problem by
>> squirting a spray lubricant into the keyhole of all the locks.

Thanks, I could try this if the car had keyholes but will try spraying in the lock mech itself to see if it works but to be truthful cannot see this as solving the issue>>
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - John H
As VxFan says, looks like a previousn owner has fiddled witht he car.

>> the doors unlock and then relock within a second so you have to be fast to open the door. >>

1. If this car is like many other modern cars, the time to re-lock can be changed to a longer period or even disabled altogether using an OBD reader. Find an auto-electronics technician to do it for you.

2. re. the missing door lock - I suggest you get one fitted asap.

3. re. only one key fob - I suggest you get a spare one asap.

Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - Victorbox
You appear to possibly have a faulty key - the buttons do wear out and you have no spare to test it against. Time to dig out the credit card sized Pass Card from the Owner's Pack where the Owner's Manual resides with the key number on it and fork out about £70 for a new key. Or is the Pass Card missing as well? In which case another £20 will get a new Pass Card.
Last edited by: Victorbox on Wed 7 Nov 12 at 22:11
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - swiss tony
Almost on a daily basis, I get a customer in who has lost/broken/'its stopped working' their ONLY key.
Yes, keys/remotes aren't cheap these days.

But more expensive and loads more grief is when you need a new one in a hurry.

Not meaning to get at the OP, but I get really annoyed with people who have had one key for ages, then its our fault (the garage) when we cannot supply one off the shelf, at nest to nothing, with no proof of ownership.

Come on - hands up how many of you have just the one key?

(rant over......)
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - oilburner

>> Come on - hands up how many of you have just the one key?
>>
>> (rant over......)
>>

Never done that myself, but we did buy an MR2 that bizarrely had not one, not two, not even three, but a whole *four* keys supplied with it! Forgot to give them all in when we sold it and still have one of them now.. If the owner of W147 JWP (should it still exist, probably doesn't) need a spare key, let me know! :)
>> we did buy an MR2
>> If the owner of W147 JWP

Not showing up on Askmid, but according to MyCarCheck it's a Nissan Micra Celebration 998cc 16v
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - oilburner
>> according to MyCarCheck it's a Nissan Micra Celebration 998cc
>> 16v
>>

Thanks Dave. Silly me, that was the wrong reg.... Losing my marbles and not even 40 yet! It was W937 JWP and it's still taxed according to the DVLA!

Free spare key for someone with a 12 year old Toyota - anyone out there?
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - L'escargot

One of the first things I do when I get a new car is order a spare key. I like to have two in my pockets(s) when I go out in case I lose one when I'm out, and another one at home for emergencies.
 Vauxhall Zafira B - 07 1.8 unlock button on keyfob unlocks and relocks - Victorbox

I couldn't operate with just one key! When we bought our daughter's ancient Corsa B the previous owner had recently forked out for a new spare key when one went missing.
I was hoping no to go down this route at it's expensive £70 for new key, £60 for coding and additionally £20 for a pass card as I never got one with the car.

Any suggestions in reducing the cost somehow.
>> I was hoping no to go down this route at it's expensive £70 for new
>> key, £60 for coding and additionally £20 for a pass card as I never got
>> one with the car.

£70 is for a fully coded Vauxhall key if you had the key code. This is a bargain against the £250 - £300 Fiat charge for a Fiat Panda key! You could see if Timpsons are cheaper: www.timpson.co.uk/services/70/remote-car-keys
Latest Forum Posts