Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford Mondeo IV - 2009 Bluetooth disappeared
Thread Author: oilburner Replies: 4

Ford Mondeo IV - 2009 Bluetooth disappeared - oilburner
After having took delivery of my Mondeo it turned out the one feature I didn't check was the one that didn't work!

I found the Bluetooth system had disappeared off the menu options on the radio, and also the voice control was unresponsive. A bit more messing soon revealed that the aux-in wasn't working.

All three of these functions (+ USB on newer versions) go through the Nokia bluetooth module that sits above the glovebox, just behind the dash.

Usually when this happens, 20 minutes with the radio fuse removed (or battery off) gets them working again. That didn't help with mine, so the Ford dealer checked it out and diagnosed a new module was required.

Sadly, it was on backorder, so knowing what that can mean and being impatient I ordered a second hand module from eBay, swapped it with the old one (simple plug and play, no programming required) and it all works again.

Hopefully this post will help someone else sort their Ford out if they get the same problem...
Last edited by: oilburner on Mon 2 Jul 12 at 11:46
 Ford Mondeo IV - 2009 Bluetooth disappeared - Londoner
Thanks for posting the tip, Oilburner. Top Bloke!

Some of my relatives run Fords, so I shall keep this in mind.
 Ford Mondeo IV - 2009 Bluetooth disappeared - TeeCee
>> Nokia bluetooth module

Anyone know of any manufacturers who use Parrot as an OEM for their Bluetooth gear? I have an aftermarket Parrot in the wife's car and it knocks the spots off every vehicle's original fit that it has been my displeasure to have to put up with.

That be better in terms of: Pairing (i.e. things that are / are not supported), Sound quality, Voice dial functions, Phonebook handling, Multi-phone prioritisation........basically in every area I can think of.

If there's anyone out there fitting Parrot as standard their products will be on my list come fleet car renewal time soon.

Biggest black mark to date goes to Toyota, whose Phonebook handling and sync system is both ludicrously arcane and hideously unreliable.
 Ford Mondeo IV - 2009 Bluetooth disappeared - oilburner
I've no idea who made it, but I found the Vauxhall system in my 2007 Zafira to be very good indeed. It had an armrest cradle too, which didn't support many phones, but if you were lucky, it could provide charging and signal boosting.

It was well integrated with the car too, even turning the blower speed down on the climate system when making calls to reduce background noise!
 Ford Mondeo IV - 2009 Bluetooth disappeared - mikeyb
No idea who made the system in the C5 but that was nicely integrated with good quality sound / pick up.

Would often call people who wouldn't realize that they were on hands free
Latest Forum Posts