Technical Car/Motor Issues > Peugeot 306 - 99 2.0 will not start
Thread Author: linap89 Replies: 7

Peugeot 306 - 99 2.0 will not start - linap89
Hi,
I have a Peugeot 306 hdi 2.0l diesel estate 1999(v) DW10TD engine 66 000 miles
After running so well my car just stopped and will now only turn over when switching the ignition.
I have been to a dealer about repairing the vehicle and the quote given was to replace the wiring loom and the ECU which was more than I paid for the car so I need to sort this out myself.
I have checked the management double relay and found that is not energising.
I have +12v on terminals 11,14,8 of the relay with the ignition switched on but can not get the relay coils to energise.
The relay coils go to terminal 87 and 86 of the ecu,(bosch EDC15C2).
Without the relay energised, I cannot get +12v to:
Terminal 1 of the ECU ,
Fuses 33 which controls the LP fuel pump,
Fuse 35 which controls the 3rd piston deactivator, egr , and HP regulator.
The above items go back to the ECU onto terminals 80,52,50 respectively.
I have checked for continuity and earth / direct shorts on the cabling from the ECU connector to each engine component and all are o.k.
I would be very grateful if anyone can give me advise on where to go next?
Regards

Paul
 Peugeot 306 - 99 2.0 will not start - FocalPoint
I'm interested in this, having a 306 Hdi myself. Is Screwloose out there somewhere????
 Peugeot 306 - 99 2.0 will not start - Dog
I'd pose this question to the ilexa forum Paul if I was thou ~ www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/
 Peugeot 306 - 99 2.0 will not start - Dog
Here's one you could try + its quite funny (in a way) www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23976.0.html
 Peugeot 306 - 99 2.0 will not start - brandon mitchell
Not starting? Check your ignition wiring.
 Peugeot 306 - 99 2.0 will not start - Perky Penguin
I didn't have any ignition wiring on my diesel.
 Peugeot 306 - 99 2.0 will not start - Dave_
Did it just stop while you were driving it, or did it turn off OK but then later on not turn on? I f the latter, suspicion falls on the immobiliser.
 Peugeot 306 - 99 2.0 will not start - Victorbox
Only a thought, but my brother-in-law has same model and engine. Last Christmas there was a mightly bang as one of the front springs snapped whilst parked on drive. Car would not start. With car towed to garage and spring replaced it still would not start. Then someone had the bright idea of checking the fuel cut-off switch that closes in the event of an accident. Bingo the shock of the spring breaking had triggered the switch causing the no-start situation. Don't ask me where it is though!
Latest Forum Posts