Motoring Discussion > Seen on E-Bay Volume 3   [Read only] Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 100

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 4 *****

Cars, bikes ad trucks - Interesting, bargains and comedy entries !
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 7 Jan 11 at 13:54

Seen on eBay - Stuu
cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-SAAB-900-S-TURBO-SILVER-/110623929561?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19c1b334d9

Seems like a bit of a bargin, looks tidy.

Seen on eBay - Zero
It will eat your wallet alive

You would loose less money if you invested it in Bernie Madoffs shares schemes,

Seen on eBay - madf

"The mileage (backed up by every service document/MOT) is very low for a car this age averaging less than 7000 miles per year.

The vehicle comes with a full stack of paperwork outlining the £1000's spent on this car, including previous MOT certificates and service history.
"

Says it all. Low miles and huge bills.

I saw one on the freeway outside NY with a LARGE pool of oil under it...

Seen on eBay - Dog
>>Seems like a bit of a bargin, looks tidy<<

Nice motor - I had the non-turbot 900 in the mid 90's, something different, they always tuned up well.

Seen on eBay - Fenlander
If the body was sound and it started/ran Ok given its 12mths MOT I'd take a punt on this at £500 any day. I've owned 3... very strong motors.

Those who say the bills for thousands show there's a problem with it forget the cost of running any car and the fact it's 19yrs old.

Given it seems to have a pretty full history the bills could be for a service each year, perhaps a clutch, 4 sets tyres, 16x MOT, at least 1 set of discs plus 4 sets of pads and maybe 3 part exhaust systems... that would easily exceed £5,500 without anything going wrong.

Cars cost!

Seen on eBay - DP
Is it a turbo, or is it a 900S with a turbo grille?

No boost gauge on the dash either.

Seen on eBay - Ted

I was looking at this earlier.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-NISSAN-ALMERA-1-5S-5DOOR-BLUE-/130464769948?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e604e679c

Just what I want to replace eldest daughter's Audi A4 Avant money pit.

Good informative advert...bought the Vitara off one like this, unseen, and it's been fine.
Not too far from home, about 50 miles. might give a ring in morning.

Any comments ?

Ted

Seen on eBay - Stuu
Looks decent enough.

Seen on eBay - Fenlander
Budget pound shop wheeltrims? Filthy inside with possible marks/damage to drivers door trim & is that a mic holder on the pass side of the console?

Clocked private hire taxi?

Cheap enough for an '03 car with 12mths MOT though.

As a matter of interest it is a near identical upbeat *we're honest traders* type of ad to the one for the shed of a C3 Hdi a relative bought recently with a mass of issues.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Sun 12 Dec 10 at 23:42

Seen on eBay - Ted

I looked at the drivers door but I thought it looked like light reflected.
Don't care about trims. it's cheap for an 03.

We'll see. told one dealer I was a VOSA inspector ( which I still am ) and he said " Ahem, perhaps this is not the car for you " !

Ted

Seen on eBay - Fenlander
>>>Don't care about trims.

It's the sort of little detail I look for. I want to buy a car (even at £1000) where the owner has cared enough to source genuine replacements rather than going for the very cheapest option. You hope that attitude will run through the mechanical condition.

Seen on eBay - Netsur
Which garage Ted? It looks like one I have valued, but cannot put a location on it.

Seen on eBay - Ted
Sorry, Spads...Only just got on-line, bum of a day.
Coastal Garage, St Anne's on Sea....good area and a local car, Preston reg.
Never got to ring, SWMBO turned on the hor water in the kitchen and the top came off the tap...one of those continental ones.
Internal casting broken. Hot wayter pouring out as Combi wouldn't stop. Good job I was in.
Took sink out and removed tap......£250 designer rubbish imo. The whole tap turns in a bearing so the flexi-pipes underneath always wants to return it to one place. Matt black to match the ' designer ' black sink with it's useless draining board.

Took it back to B & Q...still under warranty...girl there's sorting it out. Meanwhile bought a stainless steel tap....she got me £29 off it and gave me a big hug at the checkout. It's my natural charm !

HMRC sent me an unexpected cheque for a few grand this morning so that helps keep me in a good mood today !
I feel a weekend in Bruges coming on !

Ted

Seen on eBay - rtj70
I remember you complaining on here about those taps a while back - or did I imagine it?

Bruges would be nice as long as you can get to Hull for the ferry.

My wife has started looking on ebay so maybe I ought to as well ;-) We got a nice clock to start with. A German antique one for not a lot.

Seen on eBay - Ted

I get really muffed off by so called ' designer ' things that don't actually do the job.
SWMBO was trying to open a couple of tins last week with her newish tinopener.
Very stylish but the handle you turn was too short to get a proper grip....white shiny plastic as well. It was the type that cuts the side of the tine. I tried for a minute or two before chucking it in the kitchen bin and getting the old fashioned ' wire ' type one from the caravan.
Taps....again ! Bathroom ones are smooth ceramic....you can't grip them with soapy hands
give me the old chrome ' cross grip ' . Lovely to look at, useless to hold...as they say.

Got to go out to a Prius tomorrow, on the hire fleet. Previous renter, maybe a 16 stone guy has pressed the foot parking brake on. Next renter today, maybe an 8 stone lass, can't get it off !
Did they think of that one at Toyota ?

Won't do Bruges 'til the clocks go on, Rob.

Ted

Seen on eBay - rtj70
The designer handles for the toilets at our gym were simply too short for a long time. A lever type setup. Meant flushes were typically short - so to speak. They have now seen sense (and did a while ago) to replace levers.

Seen on eBay - Iffy
...I get really muffed off by so called ' designer ' things that don't actually do the job...

I read somewhere that some imported designer taps are not suitable for our mains water or pressure.

It was the ones that look like a mini-waterfall.

You'd have thought a tap is a tap, but I'm no plumber.

Seen on eBay - Alanovich

>> I read somewhere that some imported designer taps are not suitable for our mains water
>> or pressure.
>>
>> It was the ones that look like a mini-waterfall.

I've just had a new bathroom installed, with the wife's choice of foreign "designer" chrome taps on both the basin and the bath. They look lovely.

But. They only accept 15mm piping, and our old taps were 22mm. So all the piping up to the taps is 22mm, and then the plumber has adapted it to 15mm at the tap connector. Our house is a gravity fed system. The result? A feeble dribble from both hot and cold taps, a particular problem in the bath. These are the sort of things they don't tell you at the showroom..........

My solution sounds radical, but I was intending to do it anyway - fit a combi boiler and get mains pressure everywhere.

Any thoughts?

Seen on eBay - Dog
>>But. They only accept 15mm piping, and our old taps were 22mm. So all the piping up to the taps is 22mm, and then the plumber has adapted it to 15mm at the tap connector<<

Why not start a new fred, tovarich.

Seen on eBay - Alanovich
'kay.

Seen on eBay - bathtub tom
>>is that a mic holder on the pass side of the console?

No, it's a hook that folds out for holding take-away bags. Means you don't spill the sweet-and-sour sauce.

Seen on eBay - Iffy
...No, it's a hook that folds out for holding take-away bags. Means you don't spill the sweet-and-sour sauce...

A so-called 'curry hook'.

Seen on eBay - Fenlander
Oh well that's something I've found out.

So its a curry house delivery car.

Seen on eBay - Dog
>>Any comments ?<<

Only *part* service history so check it out carefully and ideally listen to the timing chain from stone cold.

I've got cheap (but nice) wheel trims on my jam jar but - its pain dealer maintained regardless ov cost.

Seen on eBay - Stuu
I was looking at those trims an wondering if they were just a terrible Nissan design.

Seen on eBay - Dog
Nay - they're aftermarket jobbies ... I put black 'Cosmic' style trims with Silver nutz on my black Almera.

Well I like em!

Seen on eBay - Ted

I've got the same ones on my old Fiesta, Dog. We must have similar dreadful tastes....although they were already on it...

Ted

Seen on eBay - Dog
>>I've got the same ones on my old Fiesta, Dog. We must have similar dreadful tastes<<

They remind me of my old Ford days - ditch the chrome hubcaps, spray the wheels silver or matt black,
and fit chrome (effect) wheel nuts :)

Seen on eBay - Fenlander
Ha... same here with the old Herald.... 5.5J steels sprayed silver with chrome (well plastic) wheel nut covers and hubcaps thrown in the bin.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Mon 13 Dec 10 at 19:55

Seen on eBay - R.P.
Morris thousand caps taken off and painted wheels - cream....:-)

Cavaliers stripped of their wheel trims had a certain "street" look about them - matt black...

Seen on eBay - Dog
I seem to remember spraying the wheels on my Herald (1st car =£30) a sort of metallic gold colour to contrast with the sort of Royal blue body and the black hood (yes, it was a convertible) maybe it was another car though,
t'was a long time ago now, nigh on 40 years ago, maybe I need a few of my brothers Exelon.

www.drugs.com/exelon.html

:}

Seen on eBay - Ted

Hey Dog..are you my brother ?.......wheel trims and now a ragtop Herald.

I had a pale blue '63 with a white hood and tonneau...YBA 60. It was only 4 yrs old when i traded my Wolseley 15/60 in for it.
It had been owned by Anne Reid, the actress......so a bit girly.
I chipped it in for a Super Minx droptop a couple of years later.

Happy daze !

Ted

Seen on eBay - Dog
>>Hey Dog..are you my brother ?<<

Ah! ... Another customer for Exelon :)

I had the 948cc Ted, twin SU's, I used to adjust the tappets, top up the dashpots and fiddle about with the vernier adjustment on the Lucas distributor - without having a clue what I was doing ... in fact (the meds are kicking in now) my hood was white (dirty white) and I had it replaced with a black'n by the car hood company - happy days indeed!

How's about this one then ~ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Triumph_Courier.jpg
Last edited by: Dog on Mon 13 Dec 10 at 22:49

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Alanovich
A wee project for someone handy with a spanner. Looks like one of the front tyres is a bit worn, though.

tinyurl.com/29xthfj

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Tooslow
£4,500 for a burnt out wreck!?
John

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Dog
>>£4,500 for a burnt out wreck!?<<

Ah, but - its a 46 year old splitty, burnt out wreck!

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Fenlander
Or looked at another way... £4500 for a log book. Restored split screen van owners hide yours away now!

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Dave_
It'll polish out.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Bigtee
All the hard work of rubbing down as been done with the fire.!!

No pics of the engine or the underneath & still a bit steep but not impossible re build.

What's it worth if restored I wonder?

>> What's it worth if restored I wonder?
>>

20k.

tinyurl.com/2vyrscm

Another one, truck though ~

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220707970774

>>20k.<<

A Devon camper van but - worth every pfennig IMO.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Mapmaker
>> What's it worth if restored I wonder?
>>

www.vwcampercrazy.co.uk/search_results.asp?TypeID=1

>>www.vwcampercrazy.co.uk/search_results.asp?TypeID=1<<

So £4.5k doesn't sound so ott after all then.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Stuu
cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-GTE-RED-/230564875648?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35aebccd80

Now this does push my buttons, even though id never afford it. Prob one of the best left.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Fenlander
Looks nice but my admiration stopped as I saw the interior pic which reminded me the dash was exactly the same lump of vibrating plastic as found in our works astravans of the time... and I hated them.

When lads first had these GTEs I was running my bright red Saab Turbo... they were always after a race but I'd grown out of such things. Now if it had been in the days I had my Herald I'd have taken them on :-)
Last edited by: Fenlander on Sat 18 Dec 10 at 15:40

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - R.P.
We had one of them on an E plate - a very quick car, lovely alloys.

I dont know what it is about those GTEs but they somehow look so much classier and understated compared to the current fast Vauxhalls. As hatchbacks go, it was one of the better looking cars of the 80's.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Fullchat
My last rally car was a 16V fully to GPN spec. Guy I bought it from managed to get it to 25th overall on an RAC. In JCB yellow :-O
Flying machine!
Louise Aitken-Walker had a bit of a moment in hers.

wn.com/Louise_Aitken-Walker
Last edited by: Fullchat on Sat 18 Dec 10 at 18:31

cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-KIA-CLARUS-EXECUTIVE-GOLD-/170580275153?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27b7606fd1

Just about the worst set of pictures of which I cant really see the point.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Fullchat
the grama aint no lot betta neever.

Would that put you off having a punt?

Might list a couple of full stops and commas on e-bay for him.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Zero
>> the grama aint no lot betta neever.
>>
>> Would that put you off having a punt?

Err Yes mate.

Not keen on cars where the best picture is the cd player either.

It did tickle me that listing. Makes me feel all intelligent, which doesnt happen so often :-)

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Dave_
The Kia's front and rear foglights are switched on in the photo too...

Might actually be a bargain, if the vendor hasn't owned it long enough to balls it up :)

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - DP
>> I dont know what it is about those GTEs but they somehow look so much
>> classier and understated compared to the current fast Vauxhalls. As hatchbacks go, it was one
>> of the better looking cars of the 80's.

I always look at still surviving GTE's as wonderful odds beaters. Between joyriders, rot, and the standard hot hatch crash rate, it's amazing any made it this far.
I still think the dead ahead view (photo 5 in the ad) looks fantastic. The bonnet scoops the black mesh grille, and the perfectly judged mix of colour coding and black. Looks amazingly modern, to my eyes.
Every single one of my peers, including me, wanted a GTE when we got our licenses in the early 90's. Of the handful that did, every single one of them had them nicked.
I still want one now, but I'd hunt down a 16v, which adds one of the best four pot engines ever made to the mix, and a sub 7 second 0-60 time (according to What Car). :-D
There's just something about cars of this era which appeal to me. Enough technology to make them reliable / start in all weathers / go well, but not enough to isolate the driver from the action, or to stop you fixing them when they did break.
The mk2 GTE is massively flawed, and probably would be thrashed by a current 1.6 litre base model Focus across country, but such a lovely bit of kit from a time when cars took themselves less seriously and having fun / driving quickly was something you didn't need to apologise for. I want one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp_v_5vMYEY&list=PL659CDF56BF926C17&index=25&playnext=2

We all know they weren't that good - damn good advert though.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - ToMoCo
Fantastic PU. Just wasted the last 30 mins watching old car ads, probably deserve a thread of their own, the Ital one is brilliant.

And me damnit - my life running away from me in front of my very eyes !

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Harleyman
Never understood how those VW campers fetch such astronomical money.

Hideous things; only reason you never see one being driven solo is because you need your passengers to help you push the damn thing up a hill.

>>Hideous things; only reason you never see one being driven solo is because you need your passengers to help you push the damn thing up a hill<<

Each to his/her own friend - fully restored & parked up at Fistrel beach, they'll catch an eye or two,
like a Harley would.

www.deaddubs.com/showscene.html

Exactly. They're for impressing girls and then, of course, there's plenty of room in the back to entertain them.

Mate of mine had one years back which we drove to Prague via Oktoberfest. Didn't do us much good, mind.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Clk Sec
>>deaddubs.com/showscene.html

I've seen a couple of fully restored examples locally - very nice, wouldn't mind one myself.

I'll grant you that they have their uses as a passion wagon.... personally if I was after that sort of thing, I'd go for something like this, since the ability to pull more than a few birds, or indeed the skin off a rice pudding, is important to me! ;-)

A rather more handsome beast than the VW too IMO.

tinyurl.com/2vuylzw

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - bathtub tom
Harleyman.

You could bolt one of these on. ;>)

tinyurl.com/2g3yxls

No thanks. I've mentioned before that trikes and sidecars don't do it for me; "the art of doing the impossible with the unrideable" as someone put it.

"Making out" in a small car would be bad enough, but the only use a sidecar would have in that respect would be the cocktail of the same name as a loosener. ;-)

I do enjoy seeing a well-piloted outfit in action, but I prefer my motorcycles to lean over thank you. :-)

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Iffy
...or indeed the skin off a rice pudding, is important to me! ;-)...

Surprise you like Harleys, not exactly rapid are they?

>> Surprise you like Harleys, not exactly rapid are they?

Compared to the anodyne race-replica wasp impersonators from the Orient, no; but as with a good car absolute top speed is an irrelevance, it's all about how it gets there.

Honda Fireblades and the like are pretty much unrideable at legal speeds; in fact at 70 in top they're hardly ticking over. I find Harleys to have a nice balance of enough power to get you out of trouble without having so much that you regularly get into it.

My current modern Sportster 1200R will reach 120 mph with ease, and hold 80 all day. That's plenty for me thank you; if I want to be a hooligan I simply take one of the old 'uns out. The old Ironhead Sportster in particular has far more engine than brakes and handling, and it's no slower than the modern one; and unless you've actually ridden one you'll never be able to imagine what an absolute hoot they really are.

There's also the indisputable fact that Harleys are largely bought by more mature riders; I'm perhaps an exception to the rule having owned them for 21 years, bought my first aged 29. By definition such riders are less likely to ride like they're at Silverstone every day on the road, although that's not to say we don't have our moments given the right circumstances. ;-)

As for "not exactly rapid"...... check out Youtube for footage of the XR750 flat-track racers. Beats speedway any day!

cgi.ebay.co.uk/1986-CITROEN-CX-25-RI-FAMILIALE-RED-/270679696996?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f05c46664

Titter ye not.

>>Titter ye not.<<

That's not a car - it's a motorhome!

I wish you could buy those barges new. I love em.

Beautifully written pitch as well.

>>Beautifully written pitch as well.<<

Yeah, I think I've seen him, on price drop tv :}

I owned one of them once, for two weeks, never again. Mine was a 25 Ri auto aswell.

Id have a DTR Turbo which has been sorted by those people over East Anglia somewhere who bought mine off me, they are worth seeking out, although I think id prefer a 505 TD estate for simplicity.

Stu me ole son, I reckon you could have owned even more cars than me, and I'm on about the 40th!

Oh your way behind. Give me half an hour and ill have a list...

Memory fails me, theres a handful more, but heres most of them:

VW Polo
Ford Sierra 1.8
Renault 21 TXE
Daewoo Matiz
Daewoo Nubira 1.6 estate
Rover Metro 1.1
Daihatsu Hijet 1.0
Ford Sierra Ghia auto est
Rover 820 auto
Vauxhall Astravan
Volvo 460 Xi
Jaguar XJ6 3.2
Suzuki Carry
Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 GL
Daewoo Espero 2.0
Toyota Carina 1.6 GL
Daihatsu Charade 1.0
Rover 214 Si
Austin Metro 1.0
Citroen CX 2.5 auto est
Vauxhall Corsa Si
Fiat Seicento 1.1
Rover 623
Talbot Avenger auto
Subaru Forester auto
Reliant Rialto
Smart ForTwo
Suzuki Wagon R :-)

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - RattleandSmoke
Just spotted this 171,000 miles and it is the same basic engine I have in my Panda 20 years on!

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Uno-1-1-60-S-12-MONTHS-MOT-3-DOOR-HATCHBACK-1990-/310272642120?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item483db0cc48#ht_1441wt_937

Who says FIATs are not well built. 20 years old hardly any rust and nearly 200k on the clock.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - PeterS
>> Just spotted this 171,000 miles and it is the same basic engine I have in
>> my Panda 20 years on!
>>
>> cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Uno-1-1-60-S-12-MONTHS-MOT-3-DOOR-HATCHBACK-1990-/310272642120?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item483db0cc48#ht_1441wt_937

I'm not sure that it's a FIRE engine in that Uno, is it? The listing says it has a 1116cc egine - I had the predecessor to the 60S, a 55S, when I was a student which also had a 1116cc engine. It wasn't a FIRE engine though - it had the same engine that was in the Fiat 128 that my mum had back in the '70s!! If that engine is still going then it's a 40 year old design at least...but I think the FIRE engine that replaced it was 1108cc IIRC.

Mine was replaced with a new Uno 45 FIRE (999cc) when I started my first job - same colour as the one in the link - Lord Blue :-) I bought it in '92 in Southampton, and happened to see it in Reading about 10 years afterwards...I suspect it's long gone now though.

Peter

>>Memory fails me, theres a handful more, but heres most of them:<<

Same ere friend - I should have been smothered @ birth!

Triumph Herald convertible
Austin A55
Ford Zephyr 4 mrk 3
Ford Cortina 1.6 'super' mrk 2
Ford Capri 1.6 GT XL
Ford Capri 3000 Ghia auto.
Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec auto.
Riley Kestrel auto.
Vanden Plas 1.3 auto.
Toyota Corona 2.0 auto.
Dolomite sprint auto.
Honda Civic Hondamatic (yuk!)
Honda Accord Hondamatic (likewise)
Datsun 240Z ... manual!
Mitsubishi Sapporo 2.0 auto
Jaaaag XJ6 4.2 auto.
Citroen BX 1.6 TRS auto (new!)
Citroen AX 1.4 diesel LHD took to Tenerife & back
Rover 3.5 V8 p6 auto
ditto.
MGB roadster
Mrk 1 VW Sirocco auto.
Mrk 2 VW Sirocco auto.
VW Golf auto.
Mitsubishi Colt 1.3 auto.
Volvo 240 GLT auto.
Peugeot 306 TD ... manual!
Saab 900 auto.
LR Discovery diesel auto
BMW 525e auto
BMW 320 auto
Nissan Primera 2.0 auto.
Reno Clio 1.4 16v auto
Nissan Almera 1.8 auto for the last 4 years
Honda Actyvan - manual
Diahatsu van similar to above
Suzuki carry van - manual
Colt L 300 van - manual
Toyota Hiace 2.0 LWB - manual
VW Transporter 2.1 auto (new!)
Hymer motorhome with Merrrrrrrrrrrrc engine - manual
Lambretta GT 200
Lambretta SX 200
Suzuki GT 250
Honda 550/4
Honda 500 CX custom
A B&Q wheelbarrow with a plastic wheel

Lambretta !! ?

>>Lambretta !! ?<<

Afraid so ... AND I'm still alive!!

You know it would break, fall to bits and let you down, but a lot of go, looks and noise for the money.

tinyurl.com/2uj6r5e

Lovely.

>>Lovely.<<

But - it hasn't got a 'proper' gearbox :)

Thats about as good as they get.

Judging from the first picture, it's already on fire.

Want it. God knows why.

tinyurl.com/2wtk7gt

I know exactly what you're saying !

My ole mum used to say there were more out, than in :-D

>> Want it. God knows why.
>>
>> tinyurl.com/2wtk7gt

I had one, yes god knows why you want one.

Fantastic engine, the rest of the car is dreadful.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - henry k
three offers - all declined & I WILL NOT POST TO NIGERIA!
Still available then !

If I had money and I was drunk then I would probably buy it. I like old FIATs even if the 131 looked like a bit of a shed by 1983 standards.

OK I admit it does look pretty horrific - still has a lot of charm though.

It looks like an Alfa.

The other issue is won't it just turn into a rotbox after a year in the UK?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-CLASSIC-FIAT-X19-30K-MILES-/180582704225?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a0b916461

Im not much for italian stuff, but a few I like alot, this is one of them.

The reviews of the time reckoned the X1/9 was a corker to drive. ISTRC Fiat launched it, then completely left it alone. No development or improvements at all in its entire life.

I like it too.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Armel Coussine
>> I had one, yes god knows why you want one.

>> Fantastic engine,

Graham Hill took Fiat's lire to advertise the Mirafiori on British TV. Does anyone else remember?

He couldn't quite pronounce the word Mirafiori. Some sort of speech impediment made him trip over it, just as I trip over the phrase 'swimming pool' unless I really concentrate and take my time.

Seen on E-Bay Volume 3 - Armel Coussine
>> the rest of the car is dreadful.

It's a Polski in disguise. Must be.

Has no one but me noticed its 'cherished number plate'? That, and the turquoise paint job, ideal for making an elegant contrast with a decent pair of scarlet lizardskin cowboy boots, make it clear just who the hopeful owner is.

Funny that. I thought he had a Lexus.

It's on a Maltese plate - easy to register it in the UK apparently !

Latest Forum Posts