Computer Related > OneDrive syncing Computing Issues
Thread Author: James Loveless Replies: 7

OneDrive syncing - No FM2R
This is a bit a*** about face on One Drive compared to Google Drive. Mostly because the focus of One Drive is to keep all your files in one central cloud based drive, and thus available from anywhere, not to sync with what is on the PC.

Essentially you choose the folders/files which will exist in One Drive. One can easily do this by dragging and dropping them to the One Drive folder - which is usually C:/Users/your_ account/OneDrive.

(please note I am using forward slash when it should be backward slash because this software can't easily show a backward slash)

Having done that, one then selects which of those folders/files you also wish to exist on your PC.

The problem with that is that it will synch them all into the one drive location on C:

So, you need to first change the One Drive location to the D: drive. This is not the same as its installation location, it is the location of it's folder.

Having done that you then need to drag all of the D: driver stuff you want to sync into the folder.

And then, using One Drive settings, set them all as available on your PC.

I take a slightly different approach.

For most of my Office files they exist ONLY on One Drive.

Some of my Office files exist locally also, but it is the local drive which is sync'd with the One Drive changers, not the other way around.

I also use One Drive for non sync'd back up copies of some stuff.
 Messages Author Date
 OneDrive syncing new James Loveless 14 Jun 21 10:00
 OneDrive syncing new No FM2R 14 Jun 21 20:33
 OneDrive syncing new James Loveless 14 Jun 21 21:50
 OneDrive syncing new No FM2R 14 Jun 21 22:11
 OneDrive syncing new No FM2R 14 Jun 21 22:13
 OneDrive syncing new VxFan 15 Jun 21 12:50
 OneDrive syncing new James Loveless 15 Jun 21 15:55
 OneDrive syncing new bathtub tom 15 Jun 21 16:53
Latest Forum Posts