Non-motoring > Doggie advice Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 7

Doggie advice - Bobby
My 3 year old lab hates fireworks. We have had noises from fireworks since the end of October and even last night since were still getting set off.

He used to be a dog of routine and finished his day off with a 10 min walk then went to bed. Nowadays after his morning walk he refuses to leave the house. Was always up at the door if anyone was leaving, hoping to be getting a walk. He will only leave the house after that morning walk if he knows he’s going in the car.

He will come in the car to peoples houses But won’t go outside for a walk. I have started parking at end of street on my return and he will jump out and basically walk/ run back to the house. Even letting him out the back garden for toilet at night and he refuses to go. So he sometimes goes from 12 noon till 10am the next day without toileting.

Throughout fireworks he seemed to find solace by lying in front of the fridge, no idea why in particular there but left him to it if that have him comfort.

But now he keeps migrating to there from his bed and I have now placed the clothes horse there to try and break that habit.

Next weekend we go up north with friends to a dog friendly cottage. Don’t know whether to take him or not. On one side, I am thinking it may help break his routine that he has got into. But on the other hand, I don’t want to be having to fight with a dog every time we are wanting to go out a walk or whatever!

Any thoughts/ ideas/ input?
 Messages Author Date
 Doggie advice new Bobby 20 Nov 22 15:59
 Doggie advice new R.P. 20 Nov 22 18:56
 Doggie advice new Dog 20 Nov 22 20:49
 Doggie advice new zippy 20 Nov 22 22:12
 Doggie advice new bathtub tom 20 Nov 22 22:42
 Doggie advice new smokie 20 Nov 22 23:23
 Doggie advice new Zero 21 Nov 22 08:50
 Doggie advice new martin aston 21 Nov 22 09:11
Latest Forum Posts