Motoring Discussion > MOT Inconvenience Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyrednemotional Replies: 15

MOT Inconvenience - tyrednemotional
...the Smart is heading for its 6th birthday, and is booked for its MOT tomorrow.

It was used for the supermarket run this morning (SWMBOs first driving outing since breaking her arm).

I locked the car as we got out, and noticed the rear o/s indicator didn't flash (as it should when locking). Checked the indicators, and sure enough the dashboard light flashed like a demented thing - unreported by SWMBO.

It's an amber bulb, and I was reasonably sure I had one in my "box of bits" that lives in the motorhome, so it should be a quick fix. Unfortunately, we had passed several people building arks on the way (yes, it is raining that fast).

Anyway, I waited for a slight lull, and then tackled the job. It would have been a doddle without the rain. Two torx screws out, pull against two trim plugs (one need some persuasion with a flat chisel) and the entire light cluster was left hanging by the wire. Ease the connector off (easier said than done) and take the whole, still sealed, unit inside to keep it dry. Quick 4 clips off to remove the bulb holder, change the bulb, reverse the whole process, and Bob's your sister's husband.

I wasn't looking forward to it in the rain, but it wasn't the most onerous of jobs, and it would have been worse if I hadn't noticed it until tomorrow (or missed it completely). I usually do a quick check round lights, wipers etc. before heading off to MOT, but the weather here is atrocious at the moment.
 Messages Author Date
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 10:21
 MOT Inconvenience new Kevin 15 Nov 22 11:33
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 12:41
 MOT Inconvenience new Zero 15 Nov 22 12:55
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 19:52
 MOT Inconvenience new Fullchat 15 Nov 22 14:39
 MOT Inconvenience new Manatee 15 Nov 22 15:41
 MOT Inconvenience new Zero 15 Nov 22 16:11
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 16:23
 MOT Inconvenience new tyrednemotional 15 Nov 22 16:22
 MOT Inconvenience new Manatee 15 Nov 22 17:15