Non-motoring > Tax Returns done Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 9

Tax Returns done - Manatee
I like to be early, and we've finished with days to spare. Huzzah!

Trouble is, a year is now just long enough to forget exactly how it goes and I have to learn it again each year. I finally forced myself to look in the file this afternoon.

I had a bit of a moment this time when it said I would get back £3,200 of overpaid tax which I just didn't understand immediately. I'd actually got the wrong total tax paid figure in my head which only included pensions, the only total I'd had to add up under tax paid. This has happened before, I think, but I apparently will now have to rediscover it every year, and no doubt other things as my decline continues. I tell myself that it's just lack of any real interest in the subject that allows me to forget but what if I am really going doolally?

Of course it's fairly straightforward for those of us not in tax avoidance schemes, and better than it used to be, but I did wonder what happens to people when they reach the point where they can't get their heads round it.

Anyway, all yous who haven't got round to it yet, be consoled that the £100 penalty will not be enforced this year according to the boss, because of "Covid".
 Messages Author Date
 Tax Returns done new Manatee 28 Jan 22 19:06
 Tax Returns done new Zero 28 Jan 22 19:20
 Tax Returns done new bathtub tom 28 Jan 22 19:31
 Tax Returns done new zippy 28 Jan 22 19:39
 Tax Returns done new Manatee 28 Jan 22 19:50
 Tax Returns done new zippy 28 Jan 22 20:19
 Tax Returns done new sooty123 28 Jan 22 19:33
 Tax Returns done new James Loveless 28 Jan 22 19:58
 Tax Returns done new Robin O'Reliant 28 Jan 22 20:38
 Tax Returns done new zippy 28 Jan 22 20:51
Latest Forum Posts