Computer Related > OneDrive problems Computing Issues
Thread Author: James Loveless Replies: 5

OneDrive problems - James Loveless
My PC is set up so that Drive D holds data like documents and photos. Some time ago, I gathered from various sources that if data is saved to Drive D, then OneDrive needs to be transferred from Drive C, where it normally resides, to Drive D, to enable it to function as a data back-up.

A few days ago I moved OneDrive. It seemed that a back-up had taken place, though I had to remove hundreds of duplicated files (pictures, documents) that had been inserted with "Copy" added to the file name.

Since then I have worked on various files which I saved on Drive D. But whenever I check the OneDrive folder the supposedly synchronised files there have not been updated. OneDrive tells me all my files are in sync, which is clearly not true. The copy of the files in the cloud has also not been updated.

Another problem which may or may not be relevant is that OneDrive does not automatically start when the PC boots up, despite being set to do that.

I have tried deleting the OneDrive app and re-installing it, and fiddled with other settings in the app, none of which makes any difference.

If anyone can explain where I'm going wrong I'd be very grateful.

P.S. I've just checked what it's doing now and I see hundreds of "Copy" files are being installed (of photos, it seems, but maybe other files too). The whole thing is becoming a huge waste of time.
Last edited by: James Loveless on Wed 27 Oct 21 at 11:12
 Messages Author Date
 OneDrive problems new James Loveless 27 Oct 21 11:11
 OneDrive problems new No FM2R 27 Oct 21 14:27
 OneDrive problems new James Loveless 27 Oct 21 15:55
 OneDrive problems new No FM2R 28 Oct 21 00:36
 OneDrive problems new James Loveless 29 Oct 21 21:26
 OneDrive problems new tyrednemotional 29 Oct 21 22:07
Latest Forum Posts