Non-motoring > Inspire me!! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 9

Inspire me!! - Bobby
Helping a friend with their garden.
Long story short she is wanting to have decorative stones around the outside of her decking. However this area is a bit off a mess. There are varying lengths of between 1 and 2 feet between the edge of her decking and the garden fence.
I am thinking of doing a sort of “hammock” of stones between the edge of the decking and the fence using some lengths of timber to hold the hammock in place.

But, can you inspire me what to use as the hammock? She has a large roll of the weed membrane stuff that I am thinking might do the job. Although this lets water through I don’t think it does it very quickly so the weight of stones and rain water might prove to be too much for it However I think I would be looking for something maybe a bit more stronger like a small holed net or something. Maybe even something like this
www.huck-net.co.uk/nets-ropes-and-cordage/garden-netting-rope_19394/air-permeable-sheet-pes-400-gm2-made-to-order_790

I am sure there is an obvious over the counter product that I could use but its too late in the week to be applying any thought to this.

Any suggestions?
 Messages Author Date
 Inspire me!!  new Bobby 9 Jul 21 21:40
 Inspire me!!  new Terry 9 Jul 21 22:27
 Inspire me!!  new Fullchat 9 Jul 21 22:37
 Inspire me!!  new bathtub tom 9 Jul 21 22:47
 Inspire me!!  new No FM2R 9 Jul 21 23:08
 Inspire me!!  new Kevin 10 Jul 21 00:06
 Inspire me!!  new Bobby 10 Jul 21 09:40
 Inspire me!!  new PeterS 10 Jul 21 10:31
 Inspire me!!  new smokie 10 Jul 21 13:07
 Inspire me!!  new Zero 10 Jul 21 13:58