Motoring Discussion > Bimmercode Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 21

Bimmercode - Bobby
Anyone got this for reprogramming what your car does?
Would like to tweak a couple of things on my BMW, it looks straightforward, but not sure I can justify the price for the app and also the OBD reader thingy just to automatically fold my mirrors in!
But curious as to know if it really is as simple as it is made out to be? Or huge risks reprogramming your car’s factory settings?
 Bimmercode - Zero
I have the carly, and I have tweaked a few features on mine. And yes its very simple.
 Bimmercode - Bobby
Ah good to know.
Out of curiosity, what changes have you made?
 Bimmercode - Zero
To close the rear hatch one had to hold the button on the remote down (or the button in the car) now one touch does that. Changed the angle of the dipping L/H mirror. Turned off start stop, car now starts in the mode it was left (adaptive). Exhaust flap open all the time.
 Bimmercode - Bobby
Interesting.
I am looking to
fold the mirrors automatically rather than having to keep the lock fob button down until they are done.
Same with driving mode, start with last one rather than “comfort”
I would also look at the mirrors, I don’t use the auto dipping of the LH mirror when in reverse as I feel that, yes it showed you your wheel, but only that! Definitely need to have a view of what is down your passenger side more than just the rear wheel.
And then maybe see what else there is. Once you have a toy you are tempted to use it! I am quite happy to keep stop start on though what overall good it does, I am not convinced.
 Bimmercode - Zero
>> Interesting.
>> I am looking to
>> fold the mirrors automatically rather than having to keep the lock fob button down until
>> they are done.

Check the idrive, you might find the function in there.
 Bimmercode - Duncan

>> Check the idrive, you might find the function in there.

Pah!

My elderly Mercedes has that function - as standard. Although I can turn it off if I wish.
 Bimmercode - Bobby
It’s not available in my drive but that does beg the question.

There are loads of tailorable options within the drive, how do they choose what are there and what are hidden behind these coding devices?
I can understand why they won’t give the option of permanently disabling stop/start but the option of folding your mirrors in automatically?
 Bimmercode - Zero
>> It’s not available in my drive but that does beg the question.
>>
>> There are loads of tailorable options within the drive, how do they choose what are
>> there and what are hidden behind these coding devices?
>> I can understand why they won’t give the option of permanently disabling stop/start but the
>> option of folding your mirrors in automatically?

because on some models it was a chargeable feature, but it usually included dipping mirror in the option. You sure its not in the idrive?
 Bimmercode - zippy
>>
>> because on some models it was a chargeable feature, but it usually included dipping mirror
>> in the option. You sure its not in the idrive?
>>

Last time I owned a BMW was in 2012 so I'm a bit out of date.

Are some features standard (like folding mirrors) but deactivated unless you pay for them as an option on the vehicle?
 Bimmercode - Zero

>> Are some features standard (like folding mirrors) but deactivated unless you pay for them as
>> an option on the vehicle?

There is lots of stuff thats fitted, but deactivated and needs a feature code purchased against the vin number
 Bimmercode - Bobby
I’ve got the dipping passenger mirror when I select reverse in my idrive. But dont have the option of folding the mirrors when one touch locking doors.
 Bimmercode - Duncan
>> To close the rear hatch one had to hold the button on the remote down
>> (or the button in the car) now one touch does that. Changed the angle of
>> the dipping L/H mirror. Turned off start stop, car now starts in the mode it
>> was left (adaptive). Exhaust flap open all the time.

What about the indicators? Does it give you the option to sell those on Ebay?
 Bimmercode - Zero
It hasnt got any.
 Bimmercode - legacylad
You know how some Skodas have an umbrella fitted in the door. Does the BMW have a baseball cap ? With instructions on how to wear, because lots of owners don’t seem to know.
 Bimmercode - Zero
Oh and having had a longish drive today, two other things I coded.

We discussed this somewhere else on here, I got the tyre temps to display as well as pressure.

and rather pleasingly, the cars warning chimes (seat belt, low fuel that kind of thing) are now the Rolls Royce ones, and very harmonious and discrete they are too.
 Bimmercode - PeterS
>> Oh and having had a longish drive today, two other things I coded.
>>
>> We discussed this somewhere else on here, I got the tyre temps to display as
>> well as pressure.
>>
>> and rather pleasingly, the cars warning chimes (seat belt, low fuel that kind of thing)
>> are now the Rolls Royce ones, and very harmonious and discrete they are too.
>>

It’s odd what they choose to code in or not to the base vehicle ; the BMW 235i I had a while back displayed the tyre temperature and pressure, but the MINI, which uses the same system, is just coded to show pressure. Not that it’s critical to know tyres temperature, but if the info is there why not :)
 Bimmercode - Zero
>> It’s odd what they choose to code in or not to the base vehicle ;
>> the BMW 235i I had a while back displayed the tyre temperature and pressure, but
>> the MINI, which uses the same system, is just coded to show pressure. Not that
>> it’s critical to know tyres temperature, but if the info is there why not :)

It occurred to me its far more useful than I thought, as I pondered why the right rear was 3c warmer than the rest. My first thought was that it was pending a binding brake, but at 3c I supposed it was because that side is the exhaust that works most.

The mini warning chimes were available as on option, but I considered that would be far too common. ;p
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 26 Feb 21 at 08:11
 Bimmercode - Rudedog
Talking of coding folding mirrors do you have an activation speed limit on the BMW?

The one annoying thing on my GTi is the speed limit as to when you can fold the mirrors in, on my old Mk5 I could do it whenever I wanted at any speed, on the Mk7.5 they will only fold in at or below 31mph... very very annoying (they'll fold out at any speed).

I'm trying to find out if I could code this out if I had a device like yours.
 Bimmercode - Zero
You can code that, but the carly wont do it, Check out a site called bimmercode.

And yes, thats a really really annoying parameter. I liek to fold them when passing thrugh narrow streets which you cant till you nearly stop.
 Bimmercode - Zero
Opps just noticed you has a VW. Carly does have some VW coding, but part from that I knowns nothing about stuff from Wolfsburg.
 Bimmercode - Bobby
Yes apparently as a start up logo , you can also have the RR on your screen instead of the beemer.
I am tempted. Been a full month since I have bought a gadget of any note !
Latest Forum Posts