Motoring Discussion > And this weeks rental is.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 17

And this weeks rental is.... - legacylad
Last November with Firefly ex Alicante it should have been a ‘Focus or similar’. I got a CMax which was perfectly acceptable. A very nice drive. My pal had a Citroen C3. Disliked by everyone in our accommodation.
Yesterday, after a horrendous journey lasting 16 hours door to door via Murcia with my 92yo mum in a wheelchair, at a closed and almost deserted Alicante airport I was given, instead of a ‘Focus or similar’ a spanking new Citroen C3 Aircross. I’ve never had a brand new rental car. This one had 5 Kms on the clock. Petrol, 6 speed box. No idea of power output. Why are there no dust cap covers on rental cars ? Surely being brand new they haven’t been nicked already ?

So...onto the autopista for the drive north. Lashing torrential rain, standing water, thundering HGVs and an unfamiliar car. Oh to be a driving God like some people.
Orange warning signs and beeps about lane deviation. Worked when going from Lane 1 to lane 2 overtaking HGVs. And again when returning to lane1. Sometimes only when going from lane 1. And vice versa. Sometimes not at all. Probably the weather conditions. Some orange light that came up on the offside mirror. Maybe its when cars are overtaking in my blind spot. I was too busy trying to avoid swaying HGVs to notice.

In the 100kms I drove it I couldn’t get a comfortable driving position. The boot has to be slammed hard, very hard, to get it to close, otherwise there are more warning signs on the dash. Today when conditions are still wet, but much improved, it crashes over pot holes and is a bit roly poly. I dont like it’s external looks. It’s pig ugly. Internally not to my taste but at least the touch screen heating controls are easy to operate, although I’d prefer dials and switches.

No idea of music quality yet. Glad I only have it until 1st February when i fly home with the old dear. At least the wheelchair just fits in the boot, which was the important thing.
 Messages Author Date
 And this weeks rental is.... new legacylad 21 Jan 20 16:31
 And this weeks rental is.... new legacylad 21 Jan 20 16:42
 And this weeks rental is.... new VxFan 21 Jan 20 18:42
 And this weeks rental is.... new legacylad 21 Jan 20 20:12
 And this weeks rental is.... new Rudedog 21 Jan 20 22:04
 And this weeks rental is.... new Boxsterboy 24 Jan 20 14:51
 And this weeks rental is.... new legacylad 24 Jan 20 17:36
 And this weeks rental is.... new legacylad 25 Jan 20 16:23
 And this weeks rental is.... new Boxsterboy 27 Jan 20 19:20
 And this weeks rental is.... new legacylad 26 Feb 20 21:51
 And this weeks rental is.... new VxFan 27 Feb 20 10:21