Non-motoring > David Coleman Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 4

David Coleman - No FM2R
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25476438

Former BBC Sport broadcaster David Coleman has passed away.

Shame.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 21 Dec 13 at 14:48
 David Coleman - FocalPoint
I taught his son (one of his sons - I'm uncertain how many he had amongst the six children) many years ago. The father and mother, whom I met a couple of times at parents' evenings, were unassuming and pleasant.

"Colemanballs" I believe was a term invented by the man himself to describe his occasionally less-than-happy on-air phrases.
 David Coleman - FocalPoint
I am now able to clarify: I taught Michael, the youngest of David's three sons and his fifth child.

It was perhaps typical of the man that when he retired from the BBC after the 2000 Summer Olympics, there was, at his request, no tribute or recognition, though in May 2011, The Quite Remarkable David Coleman, a celebration of his life, was aired just after his 85th birthday.
Last edited by: FocalPoint on Sat 21 Dec 13 at 19:53
 David Coleman - Robin O'Reliant
A very good presenter and commentator, although I always thought his introduction to one of the greatest football matches ever played was completely wrong.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOtL1m1o_ok

And a tribute too to the English referee Ken Aston who gave real meaning to the phrase "Letting the game flow".
 David Coleman - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> "Colemanballs" I believe was a term invented by the man himself to describe his occasionally less-than-happy on-air phrases.
>>

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/21/david-coleman-s-best-colemanballs
Latest Forum Posts