Non-motoring > Possible card fraud? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MJW1994 Replies: 9

Possible card fraud? - MJW1994
Had a small package turn up today addressed to me. It’s a part of a car, a piece of plastic trim.

It is not something I have ordered, it is a company I have never dealt with before. This has caused me to panic because I immediately suspect credit card fraud.

The company in question looks like a one-man band, running an ebay shop. I won't mention them on here but I phoned the bloke up on his mobile (the business card was in the package), he was very polite but was not in the office and said I should raise the query with ebay.

The thing is although I once had an ebay account, I never used it and about a year ago I closed it down. I never closed the Paypal account down but there’s never been any money put in it. In fact I have this evening closed the Paypal account down as well.

I have two credit card and three bank accounts, I have looked on-line and also phoned up their Call Centres and there is no suspicious activity on anything. The parcel arrived only today Second class, the man at the parts company said the order would have gone through Monday or Tuesday but nothing has shown up yet.

Obviously I will keep an eye on my accounts but this all seems very strange. If someone had wanted to clone my card then why would they order parts to be delivered to me?

I am thinking there has been some computer problem, maybe ebay still have my name and address buried in their system even though my account has been deleted for over a year. But my Paypal account never had any money in it.

Can anyone suggest anything as I’m worried about it all.

Thanks

Matt
 Messages Author Date
 Possible card fraud? new MJW1994 20 Dec 13 20:42
 Possible card fraud? new rtj70 20 Dec 13 21:58
 Possible card fraud? new MJW1994 20 Dec 13 22:11
 Possible card fraud? new Stuartli 20 Dec 13 23:59
 Possible card fraud? new Roger. 21 Dec 13 08:03
 Possible card fraud? new madf 21 Dec 13 11:47
 Possible card fraud? new MJW1994 21 Dec 13 14:34
 Possible card fraud? new Ambo 22 Dec 13 12:58
 Possible card fraud? new MJW1994 22 Dec 13 21:29