Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Windows come down on their own.
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 6

Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Windows come down on their own. - Bigtee
Came to the astra this morning and found both windows down i have had this before only once about 2 years ago anybody know of this and what the fault is?
Last edited by: car4play on Tue 4 May 10 at 11:51
 Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Windows come down on there own. - VxFan
Can you remotely open and close your windows with the keyfob? If so, was something pressed against the open button on the keyfob while in your pocket or wherever else you put it? Also, if your car has auto locking (where if the doors are unlocked but no one opens a door, the car automatically locks itself again after 30 seconds) had the open button of the fob been pressed the car would have locked itself back up without you knowing and you'd have been none the wiser as to the button being pressed.

However, I have heard this also happening with Vectra-C's, but can't remember what the exact cause was, other than just mentioned.

Lastly, has your car got rain sensing wipers as it *might* have something to do with that, but as said, I can't fully remember other than reading a handful of theories on Vectra-c.com.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 2 May 10 at 15:48
 Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Windows come down on there own. - Zero
>> Came to the astra this morning and found both windows down i have had this
>> before only once about 2 years ago anybody know of this and what the fault
>> is?

did it rain overnight?
 Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Windows come down on there own. - Bigtee
No rain sensing wipers and you can't open windows with key fob luckily it rained but the car inside was not wet must have happened afterwards.

Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Windows come down on there own. - Manatee
Sounds like possible water ingress to me , too. When the windows on my Galaxy were going up and down on their own, and the car was locking and unlocking itself, I found the control unit in the floor behind the passenger seat was submerged in water.
 Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Windows come down on there own. - VxFan
A look around www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/forum.php (or other Astra / Vauxhall specific forums) *may* well throw up the answer, or maybe asking the contributors there.
 Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - 06 1.6 Windows come down on there own. - Bigtee
Thanks dave i have joined them.
Latest Forum Posts