Non-motoring > Bargains Thread Volume 4   [Read only]
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 100

Bargains Thread Volume 4 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 5 *****

Post links in here of any offers/bargains that you come across. Need not be motoring but motoring related is of course welcome.

Volume 1 can be found HERE

Volume 2 can be found HERE

Volume 3 can be found HERE

Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 13 Aug 12 at 11:21

Cheap DVDs - Perky Penguin
I usually go to Amazon and Play.com as a first port of call but these people have some cracking prices, particularly on boxed sets.

www.sendit.com/dvd/offers/dvd-box-sets.list

Invisible Hand Price checker - Perky Penguin
Pugugly referred to this site some time ago but did not give a link. In the areas where it operates it is very good. When you are online pricing an item it will search all other site it knows about which sell the same item and tell you who it is and what the price is. It founf me a £100 saving on a £150 DVD box set!

www.getinvisiblehand.com/

15% off at B&Q - Friday 29th April only - VxFan

15% off at B&Q tomorrow only.

tinyurl.com/3rqeyt6

Includes online purchases as well.

15% off at B&Q - Friday 29th April only - R.P.
Already been diarized for tomorrow :-(

15% off at B&Q - Friday 29th April only - Iffy
...Already been diarized for tomorrow :-(...

Should be nice and quiet mid-morning.

15% off at B&Q - Friday 29th April only - Zero
>> ...Already been diarized for tomorrow :-(...

When did diarized become a word? I know its in the dictionary, but the first I know of it was in some legal dealings I had about 2 months ago.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 28 Apr 11 at 11:50

Call it evolution of the language Z. ;-) Not a word I often use (in particular these days)

15% off at B&Q - Friday 29th April only - Crankcase
>> Call it evolution of the language

Horrid. Nounage shouldn't be verbified.
 15% off at B&Q - Friday 29th April only - Zero
Merely curious, its not often a word creeps up on one and takes one by surprise. (to give it a royal wedding slant)
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 28 Apr 11 at 12:08

Ho Ho Ho Zero.

Bargains Thread Volume 4 - Alanovich
Lidls have an electric coolbox this week, with 12v fag lighter power attachment. £35 quid. Nice for the car in the summer.

Bargains Thread Volume 4 - Iffy
...Lidls have an electric coolbox this week...

The CC3 has a cooled glovebox, which is probably about as efficient as the box.

Long thread on the old place about electric coolboxes.

I recall the conclusion was they are rubbish.

Bargains Thread Volume 4 - Zero
My Ezitil (got it cheap in the woolworth shut down) keeps cold things cold perfectly ok, but it wont cool warm things down.

Cheap 32" TV - Focusless
Got an email from Argos yesterday with a Bush 32" for £200, which I thought was cheap, but an email from Richer Sounds today offers a Toshiba for £190.

If I'd have waited 6 years I could have saved £540 :)

www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/toshiba/32kv500/tosh-32kv500
Last edited by: Focus on Thu 28 Apr 11 at 12:44

Cheap 32" TV - Zero
Yeah everybody is punting this dog out, even Lidl.

Check the specs and you will see why,.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 28 Apr 11 at 13:03

Cheap 32" TV - Focusless
>> Check the specs and you will see why,.

I see what you mean - almost as bad as mine :)

Cheap 32" TV - Zero
Its very strange, no-one would have made TV's to this spec for at least two years, yet suddenly loads of these sets appear on the market in various vendors, smells like a cancelled hotel chain order, or a warehouse clearance.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 28 Apr 11 at 13:28

Cheap 32" TV - RattleandSmoke
Expect poor contrast, poor veiwing angles and forget any proper Blueray experience. If you're going to invest in a 32" then 1080p is essential I would have thought.

Cheap 32" TV - rtj70
A 32" TV is too small to really notice 1080p. Until a few years ago few TVs did have 1080p and you paid a lot for it. But with improvements in yields on LCD panels it's probably cheaper to make 1080p. You can even get 1080p in 22" TVs now.

I'm not commenting on the spec of the TVs above though. My 32" Panasonic is still very good with excellent viewing angles but then it does have an IPS panel which give some of the besy viewing angles both horizontally and vertically.

Cheap 32" TV - Focusless
Actually the viewing angle on my 6 year old Video7, which was the cheapest on the market by £50 when I bought it, seems quite good, and it's got one more scart than that Toshiba. Yes it's got the same non-HD resolution, but as yet we haven't got any HD sources, so it does the job.

Probably won't go higher than 32" for the replacement unfortunately due to the geography of the lounge - any bigger is going to block the door through to the kitchen :(

Cheap 32" TV - Zero
32 inches is perfectly capable of showing 1080p. Indeed mine does quite nicely.

What should should be saying is that 32inches is just not too large to show the inadequacies of 720p

Cheap 32" TV - spamcan61
>> A 32" TV is too small to really notice 1080p. Until a few years ago
>> few TVs did have 1080p and you paid a lot for it. But with improvements
>> in yields on LCD panels it's probably cheaper to make 1080p. You can even get
>> 1080p in 22" TVs now.
>>
Like he said; unless you're going to sit about a foot from the screen anyway.

Spamette Minor bought on of these Toshibas for her 16th the other week, the viewing angle seems pretty wide in practise, I've seen far worse pictures on LCD TVs - but then I'd still rather have a CRT. Lip synch. seems pretty bad on its built in tuner, but then it's always used with one of our Vestel PVRs, so no big deal. OK for the money really. Would try and hook it up to my cheapo Foxsat HD box, but I don't possess an HDMI cable at the mo., may well risk a couple of quid on one.

Cheap 32" TV - Zero
>> >> A 32" TV is too small to really notice 1080p. Until a few years
>> ago
>> >> few TVs did have 1080p and you paid a lot for it. But with
>> improvements
>> >> in yields on LCD panels it's probably cheaper to make 1080p. You can even
>> get
>> >> 1080p in 22" TVs now.
>> >>
>> Like he said; unless you're going to sit about a foot from the screen anyway.

Absolute cobblers. You can see the difference between 1080 and 720 on a 32inch screen at least up to 3 metres away.

Cheap 32" TV - spamcan61
>>
>> Absolute cobblers. You can see the difference between 1080 and 720 on a 32inch screen
>> at least up to 3 metres away.
>>
Only if you've the visual acuity of a golden eagle.
 Cheap 32" TV - Zero
I dont and I can.

Cheap 32" TV - Crankcase
Pity us poor mortals with a 26 inch screen who can't see the difference between SD and HD then, never mind making out blinking billions of the little tiny wigglies that go to make up yet more unwatchable doodah.

Cheap 32" TV - rtj70
I don't disagree with Z when he says you can see some difference. But for most viewing 720p is absolutely fine on a 32" screen. The actual type of LCD panel and backlighting makes more of a difference to the picture quality - viewing angle, colour, brightness, contrast, etc. I saw some very poor Sony and Samsung LCD TVs when choosing my Panasonic.

Cheap 32" TV - henry k
>>'My 32" Panasonic is still very good with excellent viewing angles but then it does have an IPS panel which give some of the besy viewing angles both horizonally and vertically.

I agree with your comments. My 32" Panasonic is fantastic.
It is even better as it has gone up by £150 in JL, where I bought it, just a few weeks ago,

>> I saw some very poor Sony and Samsung LCD TVs when choosing my Panasonic.
>>
I have just bought the latest 24" version of the Sony range - KDL-24EX320
The viewing angle is very very poor but it doesn't matter where we have it.
I bought it to fit under a bookshelf and it has a very very small stand so I can use it in situ prior to installing a wall bracket.
Very worthwhile reading reviews as a couple of adverse comments about it are spot on.
When you switch on you get S O N Y all across the screen and a loud "bong" - all very naff.
Not the sort of thing you see in a shop demo.

IMO Panasonic is well worth having a good look.

Cheap 32" TV - rtj70
Sound quality on a lot of the TVs when I was choosing the Panasonic left a lot to be desired. Some Samsung's were very quiet even on full volume. That's a disadvantage of making the screens very thin - the speakers end up very small.

Cheap 32" TV - Iffy
...Pity us poor mortals with a 26 inch screen who can't see the difference between SD and HD...

You won't even treat that poor long-suffering wife of yours to a decent widescreen HD telly.

They say love is blind, it needs to be in this case. :)

Cheap 32" TV - sherlock47
>> I dont and I can.
>>

IIRC you couldn't see a bus at 10m? ;)
 Cheap 32" TV - Zero
angle of view old chap, angle of view I cant see my tele at 90degrees.

Cheap 32" TV - rtj70
Should have got a Panasonic then. Even at very oblique angles the screen is visible. Advantage of IPS panels.

Note some Panasonic's may not use In-Plane Switching LCD panels though.

Cheap 32" TV - Zero
even you cant see your panasonic at 90 degrees from head on. All you see is the frame.

Cheap 32" TV - RattleandSmoke
All three of the TFTs in our house all run into a HIFI amp and HIFI speakers. To be fair there is already three separate systems in the house (mine, parents and my sisters) so I just simply had to connect the PVRs to them.

Cheap 32" TV - rtj70
Maybe 85 degrees though not that you will see much that's granted. The viewing angle is that much better with IPS. Which is why the iPad and iPad 2 use IPS.

Cheap 32" TV - Zero
Would you really want to watch your telly at such extreme angles? You can have all the technology in the world, but at 85 degrees to head on the physical optical parallax errors you cant fix.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 28 Apr 11 at 20:06

Cheap 32" TV - Dulwich Estate
Yeah, yeah...but are they any better than the 21 inch Sony Trinitron that I treated myself to in 1978 ?

PS Unfortunately it's now in TV heaven. Mmmm....probably got a sainthood too.

Cheap 32" TV - Zero
>> Yeah, yeah...but are they any better than the 21 inch Sony Trinitron that I treated
>> myself to in 1978 ?

Yeah,

My iphone is better than your 21 inch 1978 trinitron.

Cheap 32" TV - Dulwich Estate
Your iPhone doesn't have a box of lovely wood effect laminate on quality chipboard. And it was made in Japan !
Last edited by: Dulwich Estate on Thu 28 Apr 11 at 20:18

Cheap 32" TV - Iffy
The iPhone is now available in white, according to an Apple email which landed this afternoon.

Cheap 32" TV - VxFan
>> And it was made in Japan !

Mine says it was assembled in China.

Cheap 32" TV - Focusless
More expensive, but better spec - LG full HD, Freeview HD, internet TV for £290
www.ebuyer.com/product/244920

Honda Ride On Lawnmowers - Alanovich
I remember recently someone saying that they were thinking about getting a ride-on lawnmower - here's an offer for £400 cash back on Honda ride-ons from the company which supplied my Honda lawnmower:

tinyurl.com/6zavhuq
Last edited by: Alanović on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 08:16

Honda Ride On Lawnmowers - R.P.
Probably me - not ready yet, waiting for the lawn to arrive and then a shed ! Thanks btw

Honda Ride On Lawnmowers - Alanovich
My current lawns are not big enough to warrant a ride on. My retirement ones in France will be. :-)
 Aldi offers - 5th May - Perky Penguin
Big emphasis on cycling kit on 5th, pedal not motor!

Aldi offers - 5th May - Focusless
>> Big emphasis on cycling kit on 5th, pedal not motor!

www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week18Thursday11.htm

Xbox 360 - Focusless
Argos are doing a 250GB Xbox 360 + 3 games, one of which can be the driving game Forza 3, for £200 (£190 for just the console):

www.argos.co.uk/static/SpecialOffer/fromProduct/9263910/promotionIdentifier/E7490.htm

Famous Grouse 70cl - Clk Sec
On offer at Tesco at £22 per 2 bottles. Picked mine up this morning while buying some more of their excellent Fern Bay Sauvignon.

Integral 8gb and 16gb usb pen drives - bhoywonder

www.zoombits.co.uk/marketing/integral-evo-usb-flash-drive-offers/208

HD Vehicle Video Camera with 2.4" Screen - henry k

www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=111548&r=20110520

Seems to have quite a short recording time.

Toby Carvery breakfasts 2 for 1 - Focusless
Some (most?) Toby Carverys now do breakfasts, and you can get 2 for 1 until the end of the month; they're normally £4.95 each.

We tried it out this morning - like the normal carvery meals you get one helping of 'meat' (2 rashers of bacon, sausage and black pudding) but unlimited 'veg' (lots of things including toast - see menu).

Not the best we've ever had in terms of quality but not bad at all, and neither of us felt like any lunch. Drinks are extra - we just had single coffees for £1.65, although according to the menu you get unlimited for £1.95.

Highly recommended if you like a big breakfast.

www.tobycarvery.co.uk/offer/breakfast/

Excellent Quality and Value Food in Central London - Meldrew
A chain of 4 restaurants, one near Covent Garden and 3 around Cambridge Circus. Quick service and very good menu, the same in all branches.

bistro1.co.uk/

Watches at Lidl - Focusless
Look quite nice in a simple sort of way for £6.99, from Monday:
www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_22087.htm

Sainsburys Special Offer - Meldrew
Spend over £60 in the shop before 4th July and one gets a voucher for 6p a litre a litre off fuel, valid for 14 days.

Sainsburys Special Offer - Clk Sec
>> Spend over £60 in the shop before 4th July and one gets a voucher for
>> 6p a litre a litre off fuel, valid for 14 days.

'Twas 10p off for the same spend in my neck of the woods. I saved over £5 on Saturday's petrol bill.

15p a litre off fuel at Tesco. - Meldrew

Get 5p a litre off for spending over £50

Get another 5p a litre off for buying 30 cans of Coke

Get another 5p a litre off for buying 4 cans of Princes Tuna

Coupons can be combined so 15 p off is possible

15p a litre off fuel at Tesco. - VxFan
>> Get 5p a litre off for spending over £50
>> Get another 5p a litre off for buying 30 cans of Coke
>> Get another 5p a litre off for buying 4 cans of Princes Tuna
>> Coupons can be combined so 15 p off is possible

Yep

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=6972

Excuse me for not noticing! It was in the motoring thread which isn't where I'd expect to find a bargain! Also the post implied that one had to spend £50 and include Coke and tuna which isn't the case, each of the three purchases earns a 5p discount.

15p a litre off fuel at Tesco. - R.P.
Ended up in a Tesco today for the first time in ages. We spent £50.00 including Belgian beer (Leffe Brun 2 for a fiver) and 30 cans of coke and tuna - what a combo !

The 30 cans for £10 is actually a rip off. Works out at 33 pence a can, and all to save 5p off a litre of fuel.

Last week in the paper there was a £1 off voucher for a 12 pack of Coke Zero. My sister let me have her voucher too.

Tesco are currently selling 2 packs of 12 Zero's for £7. With the 2 £1 off vouchers I ended up paying just £5 for 24 cans.

So, what would you rather buy, 30 cans @ £10, and get 5p per litre off your fuel?

or

24 cans @ £5?

I haven't done the Math, but I'm quite sure I made the bigger saving.

And my shopping bill came to more than £50, so I still got a 5p off voucher anyway.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 4 Jul 11 at 19:41

With a 65 litre tank 5,10 or 15 p a litre is a good deal, particularly on the tuna discount alone.

15p a litre off fuel at Tesco. - Dutchie
Is it the case with Tuna the way they are fished a lot of Dolphins get killed.?

Maybe somebody correct me.

15p a litre off fuel at Tesco. - Zero
Yeah, I only buy Line Caught Tuna. (thats what it says, anyway)

Most are now claimed to be "Dolphin Friendly" ie caught with rod and line. If nets are used and dolphin are caught why can't they be eaten too?

>> With a 65 litre tank 5,10 or 15 p a litre is a good deal, particularly on the tuna discount alone.

Petrol is currently 133.9 / litre round our way.

65 litres @ 133.9 = £87.04

65 litres @ 128.9 = £83.79 (with the 5p off) - a saving of £3.25
65 litres @ 123.9 = £80.54 (with the 10p off) - a saving of £6.50
65 litres @ 118.9 = £77.29 (with the 15p off) - a saving of £9.75

The coke is £10 for 30 cans.
The tuna is £4 a pack.

So, if you only bought the Tuna @ £4, you would only save £3.25 on your petrol.
If you bought the tuna and coke @ £14, you'd save £6.50 on your petrol.

As I said previously, it's a rip off.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 4 Jul 11 at 21:30
You are right but it fooled me!

Wine price reduction at Tesco. - Zero
Dont Walk, Dont run, but drive to your local Tesco Express* for a bottle or 9 of their

"Canti" Puglia Negramaro Zinfandel for the pathetic price of 3 quid a bottle.

A wine purist will rubbish it, its not a single vineyard/region wine but blended in the style of Puglia, but by the cringe I have never tasted a better bottle at that price point ever,

* May be at your Local big Tesco as well. Its so good and cheap I temporarily dropped my ban on Tesco goods and services. Pragmatism won out. 6 bottles in fact.

Who needs 50k a year at 3 quid a bottle!
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 12 Jul 11 at 13:51

Wine price reduction at Tesco. - Mapmaker
www.tesco.com/wine/product/details/default.aspx?N=8132+4294967217+4294966555&id=258951193
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 12 Jul 11 at 13:51

>>A wine purist will rubbish it, its not a single vineyard/region wine but blended in the style of Puglia

Not so. It's IGT, which is equivalent to the French "vin de pays". Italian wine laws are very strict as to what sort of grape you can use, so many very expensive wines were having to be described as "vino di tavola". IGT was introducted to sit between VdT and DOC/DOGC. Generally it means a wine made otherwise than from the approved local grapes.

(I have a bottle sitting under my desk, shall try it this evening).

Wine price reduction at Tesco. - Pat
I keep mine in a cellar:)

Pat

Husband? ;)

>> (I have a bottle sitting under my desk, shall try it this evening).

which is why I said "in the style of"

3 quid was it?

£3.

No, not in the style of anything Puglian. Or at least not that would qualify as a DOC, anyway. www.pugliadoc.net/area/argomento.php?id=57

Instead, in a completely un-Puglian style.

Next time I find a nice cheap bottle of wine, I shall keep it to myself, in the mean time I hope your bottle is corked and/or gives you gout.

Wine price reduction at Tesco. - Bromptonaut
Aldi have some surprisingly good wine.

Wine price reduction at Tesco. - rtj70
>> corked and/or gives you gout.

Screw top surely. I picked up a bottle yesterday - it was nice enough. Certainly worth £3 :-) Didn't see it in the large Tesco but it was in the local Express one.

That's not very nice, I was only trying to pass on a little information! Looking forward to it even more now...
 Cheap extra super strong Duct Tape Amazon. - madf
Brilliant stuff: highly recommended .. reduced and free PP...
www.amazon.co.uk/Gorilla-Tape-3044000-11m/dp/B001W030HC

4 x 2GB micro SD cards +adaptors = tenner - spamcan61
Ideal for those of us who still use non SDHC stuff:-

www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SD/Kingston/Kingston-2GB-MicroSD-%28Mobile-Phone-Memory%29---4-Pack?origin=Newsletter

Camskill - -
Bought another 4 tyres from Camskills this week, what i didn't realise till now is that they have extended their range of goods, and now sell good quality oils etc at fair prices.

Playing with the shopping cart i found the more you buy the less carriage costs, over about £100 it came up free.

www.camskill.co.uk/

Dunno what this had to do with micro SD cards, so changed the subject header and tagged it onto the first post in this thread
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 22 Jul 11 at 16:14

25% off at Euro Car Parts at the moment - DP
Euro Car Parts are currently offering 25% off all web order parts, using the code JULY25 at the checkout.

Just managed to get £100 off the DMF and clutch for the Golf using this code, and there's free 2-4 day delivery too. For a Sachs (OEM) clutch and DMF kit, and concentric slave cylinder, I've just paid £300 inc VAT & delivery.

Code seems to work for most parts, so if you're about to service your car, or buy a higher value part, now could be the time. I have no connection with this company, just sharing the information.

Cheers
DP
Last edited by: DP on Sun 24 Jul 11 at 21:13

Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS - Focusless
Runners' friend the Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS wrist-worn watch/tracking thingy is down to a penny under £80 on Amazon:
www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Forerunner-205-Personal-Training/dp/B000F5HZHQ
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 25 Jul 11 at 12:44

Bargains Thread Volume 4 - borasport
At Aldi ths sunday

tinyurl.com/3jwf4dd

I don't anticipate any need for one, but I can think of loads of occasions when one would have been useful

Once off Tesco/Discount offer... - madf
Register with TopCashBack www.topcashback.co.uk/home

Spend £50 and get a very large discount (I bought 84kg of sugar for a nett price of 39p/kg - cheapest shop price is 82p..

(Feeding bees if you want to know)

Home delivery - expires 31st August so be quick.. cheap booze?
Last edited by: madf on Fri 26 Aug 11 at 12:49

Once off Tesco/Discount offer... - Clk Sec
>>Sign up with Tesco

Talking of Tesco, we received some worthwhile vouchers from them recently, including one for £4 and another for £13 off a £90 spend. We were able to use both on the same day as the lesser voucher could be used at their petrol station.

Hows about that then, Z?

Once off Tesco/Discount offer... - Duncan
>>
>> Talking of Tesco, we received some worthwhile vouchers from them recently, including one for £4
>> and another for £13 off a £90 spend. We were able to use both on
>> the same day as the lesser voucher could be used at their petrol station.
>

If you go to the Tesco website, you will find that you can use their vouchers on various offers at 3X their face value. We bought RAC breakdown service recently with some of our vouchers.

Simply using them instead of cash, is not getting maximum value from the vouchers.

www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/spend.asp scroll down to 'Rewards'.
Last edited by: Duncan on Wed 7 Sep 11 at 15:06

0800 App. - R.P.
Make 0800 calls free from your iPhone with this app..

itunes.apple.com/gb/app/0800-wizard/id414662090?mt=8

0800 App. - smokie
99p Android app for 0800, 0845, 0870 market.android.com/details?id=com.skycomuk.android.o8Wizard&feature=search_result - was mentioned on Radio 4 news the other day.

Free version for 0800 calls market.android.com/details?id=com.skycomuk.android.o800Wizard&feature=search_result

Next year's barbecues. - bathtub tom
BBQ charcoal briquettes £1.99 for a 5Kg bag at my local LIDL.

I find it makes them more difficult to light if I've stored them over Winter. Perhaps they absorb moisture?
Last edited by: bathtub tom on Wed 14 Sep 11 at 14:35

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor - Clk Sec
From Amazon @ £4 including two blades and super saver delivery.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor - Zero
>> From Amazon @ £4 including two blades and super saver delivery.

I'd get that visit to specsavers out the way before you buy a nice new sharp razor.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor - Clk Sec
>>I'd get that visit to specsavers out the way before you buy a nice new sharp razor.

:-)

Karcher pressure washer - Stuu
Karcher pressure washer, normally £199, £44 at Tesco yesterday.

I couldnt not get it even though mine is ok atm, even the base model is £80.

Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 14 Sep 11 at 18:21

Big Orange Car Wash - Clk Sec
Turtle Wax Big Orange Car Wash at B & Q. Reserve in store at £4.98 for 5 litres.

Packing tape at Lidl - henry k
For those regular Lidl shoppers.

A three pack of transparent wide packing tape. Label says 66m x 48mm. It sticks well and is very strong therefore does not easily tear. I think it is a best buy,
Totally unlike that common brown rubbish that is commonly sold.

It is not an item that would appear in their adverts hence my alert for regular visitors to look out for it..

Packing tape at Lidl - VxFan
>> Totally unlike that common brown rubbish that is commonly sold.

Or found in the Stationery drawer at work ;)

Packing tape at Lidl - Fenlander
>>>Totally unlike that common brown rubbish that is commonly sold.

Stronger than you think. I've just moved house with every flat packed box secured underneath with this stuff... even boxes of tools and heavy items. Not one box came apart. Some of ours was supplied by the removal co... cheapest they can get they said... the rest was from Wilkos.

Packing tape at Lidl - henry k
I too have used lots of the brown tape to date including loads and loads of boxes when moving all my daughters stuff,

IMO its just about passible for short term use but the glue is poor and lets go especially when sealing the tops of boxes if there is any movement across the join.
For a house move it is passable but for any longer term use I would avoid it as in my experience the glue dries out.

Latest Forum Posts