Computer Related > Income Tax and NI Calculator spreadsheet Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 3

Income Tax and NI Calculator spreadsheet - Bobby
I am straight forward civil servant with boring tax affairs, no dividends etc.
just PAYE with employee pension and further additional pension contribution.

Does anyone have a spreadsheet for calculating tax/NI deductions etc? Have looked at some online calculators and none of them seem to be able to match what I am actually seeing in my payslip? Also, with the offer of overtime currently, I would like to calculate what impact that would have (am in Scotland so there are more income tax thresholds) and if I do overtime, should I be looking at further pension conts to reduce tax liability (if that is how it works?)

Was going to try and work one out myself but thought there will be surely someone here that has such a thing that I could edit accordingly?
 Income Tax and NI Calculator spreadsheet - Bromptonaut
I found Martin Lewis's on line one OK when I was working but less so now when my pension is added and, unlike my pay from the CA job, is not subject to NI. I'm also just peeking Higher Rate Tax as the pension has gone up and I'm doing more CA hours.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 1 May 24 at 15:12
 Income Tax and NI Calculator spreadsheet - zippy
>>Have looked at some online calculators and none of them seem to be able to match what I am actually seeing in my payslip?

Have you tried this one: www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk

It works for tax payers in Scotland and it allows overtime to be added. I use it for my salary sacrifices and bonus calcs to see if they are correct and its correct to within £1 for me.

You can play with the pension contributions and it take that in to account - again something I did when planning to put all my bonus in to my pension pot a few years back.
 Income Tax and NI Calculator spreadsheet - Bobby
cheers Zippy, will look at that tomorrow when I have my payslip to hand and have a play about with it.
Latest Forum Posts