Non-motoring > Forum Advertising Computing Issues
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 10

Forum Advertising - Fullchat
Advertising seems to have taken over the forum pages on the right and more notably at the top
I'm getting an advert from a well known company beginning in T and ending in U that constantly across 2/3 of the top of the page from the left and obliterating the control panel, rendering it useless. Im on Firefox with Google home page. Any tips?
Last edited by: Fullchat on Wed 24 Apr 24 at 23:38
And as if by magic is heard me and stopped. The ads are on the left as they should be and in the blank area right at the top.
Errr, on the right :/
 Forum Advertising - tyrednemotional
For some time these ads have obscured part of the panel and some of the posts for me (Android on a couple of devices).

In addition, the panel (or the parts you can access around adverts) has been inoperable (non-responsive).
 Forum Advertising - car4play
Oh good!
After a long hiatus we finally have ads back.
Google killed us for a few months for not having the right cookie consent manager.
We only noticed when they sent us some money! As ASDA says, "Every little helps".
 Forum Advertising - Zero
I'm feeling rather left out*, not getting any advertising of any kind.

*on second thoughts.
 Forum Advertising - car4play
Wot? not even the bra from Etsy?
 Forum Advertising - Zero
>> Wot? not even the bra from Etsy?

Nope, not even crocs for 99p from Temu.
 Forum Advertising - VxFan
>> We only noticed when they sent us some money! As ASDA says, "Every little helps".

That explains why Tesco refuse to advertise with us, as we're crediting their advertising slogan to a rival poopermarket.
 Forum Advertising - Bromptonaut
This site is one I normally allow ads on but when I read this post I realised they'd gone.

Looks as though my ad-blocker has been updated and the white list of sites I see ads on removed.
 Forum Advertising - Ted

I've been getting a big panel top right obscuring half of the first post.

Today it's something called TEMU offering me all sorts of stuff i don't want...chair, spanners, watch, light, etc. It's irritating !

Ted
Latest Forum Posts